Hello I would like to know if it will have a system of gravity, even the gravitational attraction. Because if I make a ship as large as a moon will it have a gravitational change on satellites or huge ships around? or if all the asteroids would catch by this gravity to make a stone throw effect. Cordialment

13 minutes ago, supermasternico said:

Hello I would like to know if it will have a system of gravity, even the gravitational attraction. Because if I make a ship as large as a moon will it have a gravitational change on satellites or huge ships around? or if all the asteroids would catch by this gravity to make a stone throw effect. Cordialment

The arkship pub forum is not the right place for this. @NQ-Nomad (i can't always ping nyz lol) would you mind? :)

Regardless: remember that the pre alpha is unser NDA atm, so don't expect accurate answers.

Hi guys! 

Topic has been moved to a more appropriate section. 
Thanks, @Lethys!

The answer is: no, it doesn't work exactly like that. While the idea could be seducing, introducing such mechanics would imply many complicated things in terms of development. We try to allocate our production resources as best as possible and we have many other aspects of the game in the pipeline, as I'm sure you know. 

Here's how it works for now: if your avatar is on a ship that doesn't move and is near a planet, your avatar will be submitted to the planet's gravity. If your avatar is on the same ship but in movement, it will be submitted to the ship's gravity. If your avatar is on a ship and this ship is in a bigger ship itself and not moving, planet's gravity will attract everything. If the big ship is moving, your avatar will be attracted by the small ship and if you move far enough from the small ship, it will then be attracted by the big ship. A big ship will have a wider attraction range than a small one but for now, as long as you're entering a planet atmosphere, planet's gravity has the "priority" on everything else (when it doesn't move). It can appear a bit counterintuitive said like that but in lots of situations and use cases, it makes practical sense. 

Like I said, it would be a technical nightmare to handle everything like you describe client and server-side otherwise and for a gameplay benefit that remains hypothetical. We already have plans to add more to that system, though and will introduce that at a later stage.

Cheers, 
Nomad