CCTV and System Requirements?

Eris Bellona

Will Dual Universe have Security Cameras, like CCTV for when you want to keep an eye on your facility, ship, or city from one room? If not I think that would be a good idea. Also do you guys have any idea what the system requirements would be for a PC to run it? I really hope mines going to be good enough. Anyway the game is looking great so far and I can't wait for the final product! (I couldn't find any other threads that seemed like the place to put this little question of mine so i hope this is the right one.)

• 2 weeks later...

The idea of security cameras is interesting, but it may be quite difficult to implement. And as far as system requirements, I would expect it to be similar to most modern large games like EVE or a modern large fantasy MMORPG.

Sure the devs can host a machine and do a camera angle for it but.... This is not really a CCTV in the sense the way people want it and this not very practical... But I guess if you want to buy extra accounts and have the hardware you could do this yourself... 

NQ made a post about system requirements a while back, but I can't find it, but I remember that it was for the current build so it can change, and also some of the requirements were 16gb ram, an i5 processor at minimum, and an ssd might help. Oh, and a graphics card with at least 2gb vram

You can project POV and stream it. So can you do that on HTML viewports. It's not like the game engine they chose has said function built-in... oh wait.

Yeah, WOW in 2004 could do that. I think we can do much more with today's engine plus cloudtech.

@yamisniper I played Final Fantasy XI back when the cap was 75. The game is still running right now and pay-to-play, but you can get to level 90 all solo. Game became so easy and they introduced a Trust-system. And now, Vana'diel looks so dead from that CCTV. That game was very good, I miss that game, but right now, it's not worth coming back to, due to the changes and dead-population. RIP. Nostalgia.

They get no updates and expansion of contents. none (and they will never get). You are basically paying the monthly-fee just to keep the Server running. Due to low-population, most English-speakers are in Asura-Server(that's around 2000 concurrent-users right there), and Odin-Server for the Japanese-speakers. Highest-population is Asura, besides these 2 Servers, the rest of their Servers are not worth playing in. 

We also have Private-Servers. "Nasomi" is the best Private-Server for FFXI(probably the only Private-Server worth looking). It has 300 to 400 concurrent-users. The benefit of playing in the Official-Square-Enix-Server is they got more population (but you got to pay the monthly-fee). If Private-Servers can run, so can the Official-Server (I guess it doesn't cost Square-Enix that much to keep it running). 

I just cannot stomach these low-population, so I cannot get back to playing it. I also hate the added Trust-system. The game is now all solo, there is no point of even Partying anymore.

RIP! It was the best MMORPG that I have played imo.