DUFM - Dual Universe Radio Online - Looking for Content Submissions and Recruiting Help

yamamushi

6 hours ago, Damian_Firecaster said:

I just tuned in to the radio station this is Great!!!

Thank you Yama

Sorry about the issues tonight, we've been testing the ad rotation settings so you may have heard music skipping as we were testing. 

Wanted to get the schedule set up and all the rotations in place before I published the website here :P 

Thanks for tuning in though :)

1 hour ago, Hostage said:

Would be super down to produce/dj/talkshow, but ios

The station doesn’t only work on iOS, and like I said, I am working on apps for both platforms.

ios has nothing to do with this.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:12 PM, yamamushi said:

(DUFM) that will make its way into the App store where you can listen to the station live on your iOS devices. In conjunction with this work, an Android application is also being developed. When both applications are ready for distribution, I will work on getting them into their respective app stores for downloading. They will remain 100% free forever. I estimate they should be ready for distribution before the end of the month, perhaps sooner if we can get the artwork squared away. Honestly, the only thing holding them back at the moment is artwork that needs to be created or modified. 

@Hostage from the OP...

The radio is website based and it has both Android and iOS apps in the works.

Cheers,

Comrademoco

On 11/14/2017 at 1:21 PM, yamamushi said:

The station doesn’t only work on iOS, and like I said, I am working on apps for both platforms.

ios has nothing to do with this.

Ah, sorry miss read the context of it

I've just submitted the first version of the iOS application for review to the App Store. I should know within a few days if it's been accepted or not.

The Android version will be ready for submission next week, at which point the application review process should take another few days to complete. 

Er, scratch that. It looks like the Android version is in the Google Play store now.

I didn't write this version, I wrote the iOS version so I don't have any control over how it looks. I can certainly have someone put together a nicer looking version, but on Android we went with functionality over looks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dumfradio

Alternatively, the station was submitted to TuneIn and should be available by next week through that app if you don't want to use the standalone app :)

Already a great radio station, even better when TuneIn accepts it :)

But yeah the Android app is a little basic in the looks department, but it works :P

Hopefully we'll be able to get some airtime on DUFM once we get some ads recorded!

7 hours ago, Kael said:

But yeah the Android app is a little basic in the looks department, but it works :P

The iOS app is much better, but I have held off on posting a link to it until the version that supports 9.0+ is available in the app store because the current version only supports 11.1+ and people didn't want to update. 

You know or see dedication when folks make a Radio station. Let's just underline that for a moment. 

radio station

You just don't see this for any type of game and this has a lot of potential, but surely requires a "long breath" as we surely look for years of usage here.

Regardless I hope that NQ realizes these community efforts and benefit through mentioning it at one point. Cross promotion, kinda? 

At least I see "people creating radio stations" as good selling point for this sandbox game. Win/win. 

I think the important thing is that it is functional on Android, I didn't write that one (it came free with the station I'm hosting with) so I don't really have a chance to fix it or make it better. The iOS one, on the other hand, I submitted myself to the app store, and I've heard better reviews (although it does have some scaling issues on smaller screens that I may or may not try to fix). 

We still need commercials, right now we're running the same 3 ads every so often and it gets really repetitive. I'd like for us to have like 50 ads to be able to cycle through. 

It would be helpful to get some more people who want to do live broadcasts too, but I think that will just have to grow organically at this point. 

I am holding off on doing a big publishing announcement until the website is ready because it too is functional but it doesn't really behave the way I envisioned it would yet. 

Just a quick update, DUFM - Dual Universe Radio, is now available on TuneIn so you don't have to use the terribad Android app anymore :P

It will be available for searching in the app within 24 hours, in the meantime, you can view it online here: https://tunein.com/radio/DUFM---Dual-Universe-Radio-s301129/ 

• 1 month later...

Don't forget folks - Dual Universe FM is still running strong 24/7.

Through your support and contributions,we aim to be the best community driven Radio Station inside Dual Universe.

We are taking submissions of all types of content, and anyone who has music/shows/podcasts/commercials/whatever is welcome to submit content that will be broadcast on the station.

This includes recruitment advertisements from ANY organizations (must be safe for work). 

I3GKXYy.png

Stay tuned on Du-Radio.com - Keep on Rocking!