RadFallout100

On 11/8/2017 at 7:51 PM, RadFallout100 said:

Well that's quite a disappointment... That would have been a great opportunity; a once in a lifetime opportunity. I really need to pay more attention next time a revolutionary game makes offers to supporters. Maybe there will be another similar situation that I can participate in with another game.

Another point that was not mentioned are the DACS, when DAC purchasing becomes available, you could just buy a lot of DACs in one purchase.........whilst is it not a lifetime subscription,  it will allow you to play and enjoy the game for x months....X being the amount of DAC you decided to buy.

Another good point about DAC's is they can be traded, for goods or... services.... ;)

However this will occur at some point when the game becomes open to play by the larger community...maybe open Beta.....maybe

1 hour ago, RadFallout100 said:

Will the open beta be monthly payments too? Or will it be like a trial period where they collect feedback and bugs to fix before final release?

Its been stated that the subscriptions only begin at release.  An open beta with monthly payments is not an open beta, its just a game.

12 hours ago, RightBigToe said:

Its been stated that the subscriptions only begin at release.  An open beta with monthly payments is not an open beta, its just a game.

To clarify, Dual Universe is not going to have an open beta. It will be a closed beta only accessible to people with Silver tier backing or above. (afaik)

OP, if you want to be a Solo Hero, then you'll have chosen a long and difficult path ahead in this game (or find a solo game where it comes with zero effort). Otherwise we're always needing more mooks? And you'd be more than welcome.Easy training: Just learn how to get your character to die (convincingly is preferred) in all situations.

Keep in mind that this game is currently in Pre-Alpha, and thus Alpha is not quite here yet, much less Beta. When both of them come around, they will both be announced by NQ, so you will be free to keep an eye on the forums and wait until those announcements are made.

3 hours ago, Lethys said:

@RadFallout100 maybe there's an open beta too, I too can't remember

They said in Q4 of 2017, so soon (tm)

We're about 8 weeks from the end of 2017 and in pre-alpha. The planning you quote was based on being in Alpha two months ago and even then that would have been optimistic. It's safe to say it will be quite a while for the game to get to beta under normal game development cycle expectations. Suggesting a Q4 2017 timeline is simply unrealistic, add 10-12 months to that at least. Personally I'd be surprised if we get to beta in 2018, that said, this is not unexpected nor should it deter anyone as it is a perfectly normal development cycle.. I just feel NQ may have been too optimistic on their projections and it may be good if they come out and correct this with a more realistic expected timeline

I do believe we will have a playable game with full game loop by this time next year though which will fulfil the original Kickstarter timeline (expected December 2018)

53 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

We're about 8 weeks from the end of 2017 and in pre-alpha. The planning you quote was based on being in Alpha two months ago and even then that would have been optimistic. It's safe to say it will be quite a while for the game to get to beta under normal game development cycle expectations. Suggesting a Q4 2017 timeline is simply unrealistic, add 10-12 months to that at least. Personally I'd be surprised if we get to beta in 2018, that said, this is not unexpected nor should it deter anyone as it is a perfectly normal development cycle.. I just feel NQ may have been too optimistic on their projections and it may be good if they come out and correct this with a more realistic expected timeline

I do believe we will have a playable game with full game loop by this time next year though which will fulfil the original Kickstarter timeline (expected December 2018)

Q4 is for the new support packs, not beta

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

New support packs won't be out until we're (well) into Alpha as they will grant access at Alpha2.. We're still in pre-Alpha

They said Q4. 

Everything you wrote are your assumptions, not NQs official statement

5 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Pretty sure @NQ-Nyzaltar posted on this not too long ago as it is basically a FAQ.

Quote from rules and announcement:

When the future "Supporter" Packs will be available in Q4 2017, those packs that provide Alpha access will grant access to Dual Universe Alpha 2, that will come at a later stage of development (it will be an update of the existing Alpha 1 that will bring new features and fixes).

And no, these packs don't need an alpha 1 to be in place. They can start selling those packs in advance

NQ really need to review and update their announcement posts. If only to stop people from having incorrect expectations and/or using outdated info to misinform others. The Q4 timeline for the packs was discussed and reverted in a later post iirc and it would only make sense at this time. As development is at least 6 months behind schedule right now and the availability of supporter packs should be more aligned with the actual development cycle and access start point this date should be pushed back.

Again, all IMO and not based on anything else but. It's fully up to NQ to do as they want/need to and still hoping to be surprised. Also where we are now is really to be expected in a development cycle of this scale and nothing bad or out of the ordinary, just needs to have expectations set/adjusted correctly.

I'm sure Lethys will want to get he last word in, but I've said my piece..

45 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

NQ really need to review and update their announcement posts. If only to stop people from having incorrect expectations and/or using outdated info to misinform others. The Q4 timeline for the packs was discussed and reverted in a later post iirc and it would only make sense at this time. As development is at least 6 months behind schedule right now and the availability of supporter packs should be more aligned with the actual development cycle and access start point this date should be pushed back.

Again, all IMO and not based on anything else but. It's fully up to NQ to do as they want/need to and still hoping to be surprised. Also where we are now is really to be expected in a development cycle of this scale and nothing bad or out of the ordinary, just needs to have expectations set/adjusted correctly.

I'm sure Lethys will want to get he last word in, but I've said my piece..

All we experienced DU fans can do is linking official statements. So maybe I'm wrong and there was a newer one, or there wasn't - just link it.

I get what you're saying and yes the dev cycle may be a bit late, but that doesn't mean they won't start selling support packs in Q4 - because that's the latest info I can remember (and obviously link).

I'm not a dev of DU so I won't make any assumptions on when beta might hit or doesn't hit - that only creates rumors imho which are ONLY based on personal, subjective opinions from players, not devs

40 minutes ago, RadFallout100 said:

So what we're saying is that there won't even be an alpha this year, meaning that the beta can't be expected until possibly 2019? I hope I don't forget by then.

that's what blaze said, that's NOT what NQ said

1 hour ago, RadFallout100 said:

So what we're saying is that there won't even be an alpha this year, meaning that the beta can't be expected until possibly 2019? I hope I don't forget by then.

All this is my applying common sense and what I know of other development cycles, it is 100% speculation and making assumptions on my end but IMO it is sensible;

Currently the game is in Pre-Alpha, it was originally expected the game would go into Alpha1 in September which puts development roughly 6 months behind the original schedule.

If you have any understanding of game development you will know that beta is at least 10-12 months away at this time.

NQ has stated that the next round of backing packs (Supporter Packs) will give access to Alpha2 stage, we are not at Alpha1 yet

Since it is 8 weeks to 2018 it would be optimistic to expect Alpha1 to start this year let alone Alpha2 which I'd guess is at least 6-8 months out. There is nothing wrong with that as (again) this is normal and to be expected as it aligns with the 6 month delay they ran into this year.

While NQ may decide to open up the funding pages and offer packs to gain access at Alpha2 in the next 8 weeks, it would IMO make more sense for that to happen shortly after Alpha1 starts so they have a good idea of when they will be able to start Alpha2 as normally progress will become more predictable once you wrap up pre-Alpha.

A full game loop, playable game in beta should be available by this time next year. I see no reason to expect DU to turn into a CIG production as far as ever expanding features and development which will basically push out actual release indefinitely. While I do not see NQ release the game in 2018 I can see it happen around Q2 2019.. which basically means that they can stick to the current 6 month delay. As a result I would expect the initial idea of having Alpha2 access packs out by Q4 2017 to be available around the end of Q1 2018 instead.

Again, speculation and assumptions, but IMO very reasonable ones. I am not part of the NQ team, have no actual insight in to where they are or what they plan so yes, all mine..