When is the Kickstarter?

pindleton

It might be really nice to code a crowd funding option into the organisation structures so we can have in game crowd funding of big organisation projects. An option to draw on non members via the market system for big projects could also be a useful tool for colony infrastructure and recruitment. Takes some workload off the GM's too. I would count as part of the player run government system. Once funded there is a lot of hiring: player generated quests. 

So does this game need a successful Kickstarter to proceed or is there other corporate funding / investment to develop this game?

Does it depend on a successful kickstarter?

You miss the point of kickstarters :P

They are to assess interest in the game so the company can show investors there is interest in the game.

I'd be donating. Regardless of access or anything. I believe in this project. And hey, everyone needs something to believe in right?  :P

Gezus fucken christ, that sounds so cliche. Forget I've said anything - just take my frigging money. 

Also speaking of money - <insert shameless self promotion> if anyone needs a horse broken in or re trained, I need the work. Don't ask me why I've posted this on a public gaming forum - seemed like a good idea at the time.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but all signs point to the kickstarter being announced during PAX West, which is next month Sep 2 - 5. I don't think this is when it will start however, but for certain they will be announcing it.