Career Poll

Sir_Rat

Which Role Will You Play?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which activity/career/role are you most interested in playing in DU? (Read Post Below First)

• Researcher/Testing New Ideas
    • Miner/Refining, Scanning, Resource-Locating
    • Entrepreneur
    • Pirate/Griefer/Outlaw
    • Builder (any construct type)
    • Designer (any construct type)
    • Politician/Government/Other Leadership Role
    • Soldier/Mercenary/Spy/Military-Specific
    • Freeloader/Scammer/Nothing Productive
    • Explorer
    • Market Trader/Banker/Economics-Specific
    • Hauler/Transportation
    • Strategist/Second-In-Command/Manager/Administration
    • Bounty Hunter/Slave Trader/Bernarr
    • Other
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Triggered

This is a poll to get a general idea of the community's interests.

-If you are interested in multiple/all careers, pick the one that interests you the most.

-If a career you have in mind isn't explicitly listed but is very similar to a choice, choose the most related category.

- Sorry if this has been done before (if so, please link it).

- If what you are passionate about and want to do is not an option, choose 'Other' and post below what career path you would like to pursue/try out. 

- If this triggers you because you don't want to be put in a box or don't want this Eve-esque Career Paradigm in DU, choose 'Triggered'

10 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Little biased there when putting pirate/griefer/outlaw lmao. Took it now nonetheless

Yeahhhh, I probably shouldn't have :o. I was thinking more about the physical actions rather than the attitudes and purposes of the two. Good point.

So far there are a lot of Designer which is great I am sure they will make a lot of things that will make DU look cool but there are also a lot of Pirate/Griefer/Outlaw also !  I hope they stick with the idea of having a safe zone on every planet if they want the game to really grow !     O.o   

On 05/11/2017 at 3:24 PM, GunDeva said:

So far there are a lot of Designer which is great I am sure they will make a lot of things that will make DU look cool but there are also a lot of Pirate/Griefer/Outlaw also !  I hope they stick with the idea of having a safe zone on every planet if they want the game to really grow !     O.o  

I'm pretty sure the game will grow without safezones on every planet. After all, it is a pvp-oriented game and safezones on every planet would make it too easy in my opinion.

On 3.11.2017 at 8:51 PM, energy_sync said:

Scripting

many listed professions may use scripting so it is too general, maybe the same when I say: I am a pilot

I chose Designer (Mechanical + Systems-Engineer to be precise). Gonna do what you're good at! I'm also interested in Entrepreneurship, but it is bleeding-hard to look for a country that has this ideal of Private-sector-economy and public(tax)-fundings of public-infrastructure(such as Ports and logistics like roads) that will make doing businesses cheaper and easier in the country. It will put the country in competitiveness-chart and may even attract FDI(foreign-direct-investment. 100% owned or partially-foreign-owned with local-partner). No Organization I've seen has that ideal, which makes Entrepreneurship hard. Oh well! That is the economic-way to look at things, not the martial-way. 

8 hours ago, Eternal said:

I chose Designer (Mechanical + Systems-Engineer to be precise). Gonna do what you're good at! I'm also interested in Entrepreneurship, but it is bleeding-hard to look for a country that has this ideal of Private-sector-economy and public(tax)-fundings of public-infrastructure(such as Ports and logistics like roads) that will make doing businesses cheaper and easier in the country. It will put the country in competitiveness-chart and may even attract FDI(foreign-direct-investment. 100% owned or partially-foreign-owned with local-partner). No Organization I've seen has that ideal, which makes Entrepreneurship hard. Oh well! That is the economic-way to look at things, not the martial-way. 

Yes! This! A while back I was looking at the different nation-type orgs to see which was more private-business friendly, and I noticed how (for lack of a better term) business-hostile most of the nations seemed to be in that respect. I do think if there are enough businesses in the game and one nation develops good policy for a private sector, it will definitely rise above the rest.