pvp - destructible world

Hopestealer

Yes. Provided they are not inside a global safe-zone such as the ark-ship starting area. 

However to take cities protected by a Territory Claim Unit on planet surface, you will need to claim an adjacent territory as a beachhead.

52 minutes ago, Megaddd said:

Yes. Provided they are not inside a global safe-zone such as the ark-ship starting area. 

However to take cities protected by a Territory Claim Unit on planet surface, you will need to claim an adjacent territory as a beachhead.

Where did they specify that? O.o

Cause that means you can't take a city - period. The moment you try to set up a TCU right next to an enemy, BOOM, nuked, end of story.

10 minutes ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

Cause that means you can't take a city - period. The moment you try to set up a TCU right next to an enemy, BOOM, nuked, end of story.

Well that would just mean you'd have to outmatch the territory you're trying to claim. That's pretty standard for pvp in any game.

Regardless, I don't think NQ said anything about needing to have an adjacent TCU in order to claim a territory; but there was a discussion on the forums about it (which I'm having trouble finding)

My personal opinion on whether or not you should need a TCU in an adjacent territory in order to attack someone, depends on what the rules of engagement (or lack of rules) are, which have also not being specified by NQ yet.

25 minutes ago, Lethys said:

It's in the August devdiary I believe. 

For INVADING they have that idea but not for ATTACKING

That's odd, it's not there. In fact, I don't recall it being anywhere, which is why I asked for a link earlier.