Paris Games Week 2017

aranud

Hi,

I have read on kickstarter, NQ will be on Paris Games Week, but i haven't found more information.

Someone can confirm me ? what is stand number ?

Thank

J'ai lu sur Kickstarter, NQ seront à la Paris Games Week, mais je n'ai pas trouvé plus d'informations.

Quelqu'un peut me le confirmer ? Quel est leur numéro de stand ?

Merci

Hi everyone, 

Unfortunately, the PGW website is correct: we won't be at the Paris Games Week this year :( 

One of the main reason is the time needed to prepare a proper demo version in "local mode". Each time we go to an event, we have to dedicate a significant part of the team to release a "Demo" version of the game. As relying on a decent internet connection isn't realistic, it implies to make a customized version of the game to make it work with LAN settings. As you can imagine, it's not a trivial matter.

Making demo versions for Gamescom and PAX West was a necessity. However, it slowed down significantly for a few weeks improvements of the game itself. As we want to limit extra delays due to this kind of branching, and as presenting an old Demo version wouldn't make sense (because the game has progressed so much during the past months), we decided to avoid presenting Dual Universe at the Paris Games Week 2017 and focus on the game development. 

However, we plan to organize an "Open Doors" event (less time consuming for the team) before the end of the year. We will announce it in the coming weeks, well in advance, to let interested community members enough margin to manage their time table if they want to attend this event.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

34 minutes ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Hi everyone, 

Unfortunately, the PGW website is correct: we won't be at the Paris Games Week this year :( 

One of the main reason is the time needed to prepare a proper demo version in "local mode". Each time we go to an event, we have to dedicate a significant part of the team to release a "Demo" version of the game. As relying on a decent internet connection isn't realistic, it implies to make a customized version of the game to make it work with LAN settings. As you can imagine, it's not a trivial matter.

Making demo versions for Gamescom and PAX West was a necessity. However, it slowed down significantly for a few weeks improvements of the game itself. As we want to limit extra delays due to this kind of branching, and as presenting an old Demo version wouldn't make sense (because the game has progressed so much during the past months), we decided to avoid presenting Dual Universe at the Paris Games Week 2017 and focus on the game development. 

However, we plan to organize an "Open Doors" event (less time consuming for the team) before the end of the year. We will announce it in the coming weeks, well in advance, to let interested community members enough margin to manage their time table if they want to attend this event.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

Salut,

Par facilité je vais répondre en français et tenter de traduire...

Je suis franchement déçu qu'il n'y a aucune communication, j'ai acheté les billets justement pour venir vous voir (bon l'hôtel est annulable heureusement mais c'est pas le cas des entrées PGW).

Bref, la prochaine fois précisé mieux car vu le message du kickstarter, je vais pas être le seul à râler de l'apprendre 1 semaine avant...

----

For EN users :

i am very sad, there are not any news about this.i have already paid tickets for come meet us.

I hope more news about events next times, i believe i am not alone to want cry just before 1 week....