How about Player to player Combat?

I would be interested in knowing how player to player Combat will work out.

It is Confirmed, that you will be able to enter bigger ships, by bursting through the Walls.

Its also confirmed in an interview (somewhere on youtube),that there won't be a shooter like fighting, because the way many players at the same space are handled, won't be able to suport this

In the interview it has been said, that the combat is more like targeting someone and then shooting (using attacks?)

What will dicide if my attack/ shot will or won't hit.

Are there some stats, like Acuracy with you're wapeon, you may be able to train?

And the Wapeons, will there be different Wapeons to be crafted? 

If so, are they beeing made by the player?

Where will we get the Blueprints off them?

Will there be a Leveling System acording to combat?

I would be pretty interested in answers, to these questions.

If anyone know something let me and others know.

It is Confirmed, that you will be able to enter bigger ships, by bursting through the Walls.

Its also confirmed in an interview (somewhere on youtube),that there won't be a shooter like fighting, because the way many players at the same space are handled, won't be able to suport this

In the interview it has been said, that the combat is more like targeting someone and then shooting (using attacks?)

What will dicide if my attack/ shot will or won't hit.

Are there some stats, like Acuracy with you're wapeon, you may be able to train?

And the Wapeons, will there be different Wapeons to be crafted? 

If so, are they beeing made by the player?

Where will we get the Blueprints off them?

Will there be a Leveling System acording to combat?

I would be pretty interested in answers, to these questions.

If anyone know something let me and others know.

"

Hello, Renji3. To answer some of your questions: 

Your accuracy score will likely be determined by your skills and probably by the quality of the weapon you're using. Perhaps where IFF lock-on and firing is concerned, the quality of the radar/IFF will influence your accuracy. But for now, most of it is unclear. 

There will be stats, but here, they will be called Skills and you will be able to train them, of course. 

There will be weapons, but all of them will be crafted by players. The developers have made this extremely clear: they intend on having a world where almost everything, if not everything is built by players. I doubt there will be NPCs that sell things to you. 

Blueprints, like materials will be made by players. I don't know how exactly, but I believe that when you build something, the system will create a blueprint equivalent to what you've built. If you want to store it, sell it or delete it, it's up to you. 

About a levelling system...hmm. I remember that developers said characters won't have levels. Levels will be strictly confined to skills. 

I hope I was of some help. 

"

It's important to clarify that this isn't guaranteed to exist in Alpha or Beta, and may come sometime after release, as they're not sure how to make it work in a balanced way and have more work to do before they get to that particular feature.

Im going to assume weapons will be made by players, seeing as how there wont be NPC's to do so. Player combat seems to be a RNG game with the ability to increase your chances for a hit by leveling up and upgrading your weapons.

Skills, yes. Leveling, probably. Training, most definitely.

I'm hoping that player to player combat will be more along the lines of a simple FPS shooter style. It's perfectly possible to achieve this as there will probably not be that many players in the same area who are shooting each other on foot. It would be rather lame if it was just tab targeting stat based combat. 

According to the developers, on how the game ensures to be working on a large scale level, with massiv amount of players on the same place is as following:

When players are exactly near you they will be updated emediatly, like in positions and their actions etc

the more far away a player is, the less frequently he will be updated.

How far this is going and how frequently the updating to range ratio is is not beeing said.

But in an interview he said that playing in an FPS way would probably not work.

I don't know if he meant ship to ship fighting there or player to player combat.

If the ratio is to low, i think fps would be a pain in the ass. And i'm affraid it won't happen.

According to the developers, on how the game ensures to be working on a large scale level, with massiv amount of players on the same place is as following:

When players are exactly near you they will be updated emediatly, like in positions and their actions etc

the more far away a player is, the less frequently he will be updated.

How far this is going and how frequently the updating to range ratio is is not beeing said.

But in an interview he said that playing in an FPS way would probably not work.

I don't know if he meant ship to ship fighting there or player to player combat.

If the ratio is to low, i think fps would be a pain in the ass. And i'm affraid it won't happen.

yes its why they are opting for tabed based since ships wont always actually be where you see them and the Lock-on combat will correct for it. But that been said that is ships, not people and i don't see that many people been one area often enough to justify it. But if it does come a time when people are that clumped, firing wildly and using explosives will do sure enough job.

Personally i'd just rather see the lock-on mechanic for ships and regular fps mechanics for infantry.

It's called active lock-on, it's like targeting someone with your mouse, only your "mouseover" is tied to the center of your screen. It's emulation of shooting, without the heavy simulation associated with it.

IMO, it's the best way of tab-targeting. It involves skill and leading the target.

I would  love the game to have both traditional fps and lock on mechanics in the game for both ship and person to person combat. Missiles would be lock and and traditional guns would more fps. However, it seems like the restrictions on technology will force all combat to be lock on. Unless they find a way to make a large amount of players in a very small area stable and have fps quality update frequency. From the video released recently it seems that updates to the clients will be load balanced based on the number of people around you. I assume this would make a traditional fps style aim very frustrating as updates will not occur fast enough.

I hope they do more demonstrations of the update frequency and its relation to distance and number of people around you in future videos.

updates are supposed to be instant, so I don't see why combat outside of ships cannot be typical FPS style

I'm not really sure what you mean by instant. Here a decent video that talks about netcode in an fps done by blizzard for the release of overwatch.

The tldr is you need to update A LOT to have a true fps. Now overwatch is a competitive fps game so this game probably doesn't need to have nearly the update rate that overwatch has.

But in the video done by DU(thread topic here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1225-devdiary-massively-multiplayer-server-technology-video/)

about their servers he mentions that the update rate is highly variable. At around 3:12 in the video he mentions how they "dynamically play with frequency to maintain reasonable load." Also, people that were very far away had update rates of less then 5 a second. If this type of event would also occur when enough players were around you and the server has "dynamically play with frequency" to slow update rates to not overload it would make a traditional fps style feel very clunky.

In lock on systems this isn't an issue because your chance to hit isn't based on where you were aiming but a skill or some other variable that contributes to or takes away from your hit chance on the target. This allows for more fluid and fun combat with a lower update rate.

One very unique aspect to this game that i haven't heard of before is dynamically playing with frequencies. Maybe there is a combat friendly way to update frequency on relevant targets that would allow for a traditional fps. Such as targets your lock on to will always have 20 or 60 updates per second instead of whatever the server thinks it should be based on distance/load. I guess we will have to wait and see what their technology brings but for the most part its highly unlikely a classic fps style will be able to function well in this game.

I'm not really sure what you mean by instant. Here a decent video that talks about netcode in an fps done by blizzard for the release of overwatch.

The tldr is you need to update A LOT to have a true fps. Now overwatch is a competitive fps game so this game probably doesn't need to have nearly the update rate that overwatch has.

But in the video done by DU(thread topic here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1225-devdiary-massively-multiplayer-server-technology-video/)

about their servers he mentions that the update rate is highly variable. At around 3:12 in the video he mentions how they "dynamically play with frequency to maintain reasonable load." Also, people that were very far away had update rates of less then 5 a second. If this type of event would also occur when enough players were around you and the server has "dynamically play with frequency" to slow update rates to not overload it would make a traditional fps style feel very clunky.

In lock on systems this isn't an issue because your chance to hit isn't based on where you were aiming but a skill or some other variable that contributes to or takes away from your hit chance on the target. This allows for more fluid and fun combat with a lower update rate.

One very unique aspect to this game that i haven't heard of before is dynamically playing with frequencies. Maybe there is a combat friendly way to update frequency on relevant targets that would allow for a traditional fps. Such as targets your lock on to will always have 20 or 60 updates per second instead of whatever the server thinks it should be based on distance/load. I guess we will have to wait and see what their technology brings but for the most part its highly unlikely a classic fps style will be able to function well in this game.

I see. Well, if this is true then I'm not expecting much in terms of player vs player combat, outside of ships

Having a look at the latest video released by the Devs, it seems that it may actually be possible to have a simple FPS style player vs player combat. Outside of ship combat.

Sure, everything you said still applies, @Ostris. However, according to the video, it takes several hundred meters distance before players are no longer updated instantly.

Here is the link to the video.
https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1225-devdiary-massively-multiplayer-server-technology-video/

Having a look at the latest video released by the Devs, it seems that it may actually be possible to have a simple FPS style player vs player combat. Outside of ship combat.

Sure, everything you said still applies, @Ostris. However, according to the video, it takes several hundred meters distance before players are no longer updated instantly.

Here is the link to the video.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1225-devdiary-massively-multiplayer-server-technology-video/

We can hope.