Un téléporteur à la StarTrek

Kurgan

Hi,

They will probably not implement any teleporter.

It was more or less stated in the devblog about "Resurection Node" that they will prevent teleportation to become a thing

crucial to avoid transforming the RN into a teleportation device

I am happy with that. If we could teleport between our "secured locations", this would kill the pirate gameplay

I am okay with transporters, if they worked like Star Trek and were one-way devices where you had to select somewhere safe to transport to. 

Star Trek's transporters also had the possibility of failing, anyone ever seen the transporter accident from the Star Trek movie?

I would not want a transporter that teleports you directly to another transporter, I'd want one where you could target where you wanted to transport to. 

I'd also argue that the person controlling it would need sufficiently high skills to accurately transport people, and they wouldn't be able to transport themselves because the device would require someone working it. So someone always ends up being left behind, and that person is the one with the skills to be able to control the transporter.

Perhaps it would also require a very high amount of power, and the distance would be fairly limited? 

I think it would work just fine CaptainTwerkmotor, if you look at how it works there, you cant transport througb a shield, and orginally it had limited distances, and couldnt transport to a ship in warp. So as long as the diatance was limited and the shilds still blocking it,i dont have a problem with it...

@Yamamushi

It would ruin tactical defenses for the defenders on a planet.

Yep, but they'd be very limited in what they can carry with them, and they wouldn't necessarily have a very easy way out (perhaps a 15-20 minute combat timer, or cooldown timer on teleporting?). 

Also in star trek they had a way of detecting when someone was transporting into their ships or bases, I remember hearing the line "Transporter signal detected", so doing it in the middle of a battle would be very risky just like in star trek (didn't they get caught a few times even?)

I'm not sure it matters, we all understand what he is talking about :-)

Ich kanns auch lassen auf englisch zu schreiben wenns dir lieber is. :P

(I can stop writing in english as well if you are fine with that :P)

Un téléporteur serait bien!
Seullement il faudrait limiter l'utilisation pour ne pas rendre les voyages spacial inutile.

Eventuellement à la place de téléporteurs, des system de tesseract pourraient être utiliser.

A teleporter would be great!
Simply the use should be limited to not turn space travels useless.

Eventually instead teleporters, some tesseracting systems could be used.

Ein Teleporter wäre spitze!

Lediglich  sollte die Benutzung beschränkt sein um Weltraumreisen nicht überflüssig werden zu lassen.

Eventuell könnte man auch anstelle von Teleportern, ein Tesseraktsystem benutzen.

I am okay with transporters, if they worked like Star Trek and were one-way devices where you had to select somewhere safe to transport to. 

Star Trek's transporters also had the possibility of failing, anyone ever seen the transporter accident from the Star Trek movie?