To Be Fair, You Have To Have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty

spaceDJ

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ?

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ?

• 1 month later...

I sincerely hope this is a joke.  I would really like to believe that this entire post  is satire about how  A lot of fans  of Rick and Morty think themselves to be somehow better than everyone else  for understanding the “deep underlying existential meanings”  behind the jokes in the show.  If it is satire,  I applaud it for having just enough sarcasm  and realism to make me question  whether or not it’s genuine   

If however this is not a joke, I beg you to please stop… Just stop.  It’s the “super fans” with that kind of mentality, who form a mob outside of McDonald’s demanding McNugget sauce, who give the show and other normal fans a bad name 

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dual Universe. The mechanics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of advanced programming most of the developer's decisions will go over a typical gamer’s head. There’s also Twerk’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his gaming philosophy draws heavily from EVE Online, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these game mechanics, to realise that they’re not just immersive- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Dual Universe truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the lack of automation tools and robotics, which itself points to the real life dilemma of potential mass unemployment caused by AI. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Novaquark's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ?

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Dual Universe tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ?