How do you want to access this game (can pick more than one)

conker4

How do you want to access this game   

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want to access this game

• Pay to play
    • Buy to play
    • Free to play

I know that the devs have made a post on how they want the game to be funded. I wanted to see what the community wanted in A quantitative format.

A quick description of what each payment type will lead to.

Pay to play will be a good stable income for the dev company to provide support and content for the game. This can also lead to high yearly costs for the player. This can lead to A smaller player base but in most cases A more dedicated and mature player base.

Buy to play this in the beginning will supply the devs with a lump sum of money (possible large due to the hype around this type of game made by no man's sky) that they will be able to use to provide support. in the long run the devs will run out of money to support the game. A real money store or yearly/bi-yearly DLC will be able to support this. This is the most common way of accessing a game. Although this type of buying a game can be see as having a pay wall (from personal experience me and my peers see it as a goal for us to save to, to get a great game) 

Free to play can lead to a large player base for the community that will most likely want to support the game with premium items. This can lead to an imbalance in games and lead to a pay to win mentality. This way of access if not done right can lead to lots of people leaving the game if it is seen unfair for the free users and due to there lack of investment they will leave the game (with a possibility of coming back in the future)

On multiple occasions it has been stated by the developers that this game WILL be Pay to Play. 
This is along with the ability to buy game time with in-game credits. 

Understandably though, you seem new to the forums. 
Please go check out the dev blogs and Q&A thread as they shine light on this subject several times.

Pay to play is the way to go. I can't think of a cheaper hobby than 15 bucks a month to sink endless amounts of hours into. You make a game worthy of my time, and I will gladly hand out 15 bucks a month to play. Plus, it gives me 4 months to figure out if I like the game before I reach the $60 amount a new game goes for these days. EvE Online has sustained itself for 10+ years on this model, and I hope DU will do the same.  

Can i just say that i wanted "quantitative" data on what people think about it. I'm sorry i wanted to see what the community was thinking.

not really your fault. you are just like...the 20th person to ever post anything about this in the past month and a half.

that being said, I only play p2p, not because im some elitist a**hat but because iv never found a f2p game that was worth my time past maybe a week so I quit trying them.

It's spelled human being

Human bean sounds even better. I wonder what a human bean would look like. A human head with a jelly bean body maybe!

I voted pay to play. Hoping it will ensure a reasonably mature community but that's never a guarantee.

Steam might be nice cuz it auto updates everything but I'm good with its own launcher  :P (yes I know its a joke calm down) also p2w (pay to win) with an absurd cash shop where you have to pay IRL money to do anything sounds amazballz! where is the box for that!