Dual Universe Pre Alpha Tutorial: Tool & UI Basics | October 2017

yamamushi

One thing of note from this video that I noticed (kind of hard not to) is that Micro Voxels will apparently be possible in Dual Universe, something that nobody was really sure would be feasible or not. 

W3f946p.png

That means all the crazy tiny details from Everquest Landmark with the Micro Voxels you could pull off in that game are, in theory, reproducible now :o

wpqw3yW.png

I'm really excited about the potential for this. 

9 minutes ago, yamamushi said:

One thing of note from this video that I noticed (kind of hard not to) is that Micro Voxels will apparently be possible in Dual Universe, something that nobody was really sure would be feasible or not. 

W3f946p.png

That means all the crazy tiny details from Everquest Landmark with the Micro Voxels you could pull off in that game are, in theory, reproducible now :o

wpqw3yW.png

I'm really excited about the potential for this. 

hopefully it shouldnt cause the lag issue i heard about cause of there awsome voxel tech they wrote

Hi everyone, 

As some of you were wondering a bit a bout this unannounced video, here are a few clarifications:

- This is the first tutorial video regarding Pre-Alpha gameplay.

- What is in it is subject to change quite significantly in the near future (with community feedback and also several changes already planned). Also, as the Pre-Alpha test sessions are still quite limited for the time being, we prefer to see Pre-Alpha tester focusing on testing what's in game instead of recording videos to make tutorials that would become quickly obsolete (you will have all the time to do your own tutorials in Alpha, when UI will be not far from being in its definitive version).

- Releasing publicly this video wasn't a mistake. It was done on purpose: we are aware that a lot of backers didn't have (yet) the opportunity to have access to the game, so it seemed to us it was necessary to give them some preview of the game mechanics currently in-game. Moreover, we hope this will help, in addition to the in-game tutorials - a lot of Pre-Alpha testers to master more quickly all the tools available.

- While we considered not opening comments at first, we came to the conclusion that it would be better to allow them for a  public video. Comments are now opened on this video.

- This video is not under NDA so the content can be used by other Youtubers.

- This video doesn't replace the DevDiary of this month.

- There will be other (shorter) Pre-Alpha tutorial videos soon (between today and tomorrow) to help Pre-Alpha testers grasping other game mechanics currently in play.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar

43 minutes ago, Shockeray said:

Ooo, it does look like it. Although they may just be decoration and nothing more.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of, since DU was never going to be about eating and drinking mechanics. But one can still hope for a little Empyrion-style vibe, huh? ;)

4 minutes ago, Ghoster said:

That's exactly what I'm afraid of, since DU was never going to be about eating and drinking mechanics. But one can still hope for a little Empyrion-style vibe, huh? ;)

apparently survival mechanics is something they'd like to add in some future update, so in the short-term these will be purely decorative.

Now when we'd get those mechanics, and what those mechanics will actually look like is totally up in the air. NQ has their hands full getting the base game up and running ;)

2 minutes ago, wizardoftrash said:

apparently survival mechanics is something they'd like to add in some future update, so in the short-term these will be purely decorative.

Now when we'd get those mechanics, and what those mechanics will actually look like is totally up in the air. NQ has their hands full getting the base game up and running ;)

Thank you for your input here, I wasn't actually aware that NQ would like to add some survival flavour - this actually makes me excited for a more distant future of DU!

28 minutes ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

The four tutorials are now released on our YouTube Channel! :)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Awesome tutorials, keep doing them :lol:.