Saying hello :)

Hi,

I am RadiantFlux and a big fan of spaceships, especially when I can create and design them myself.

The past 3+ years I was heavily involved with StarCitizen and because of people talking about the similarities between these games I heard of DualUniverse. Sadly I only recently truly checked out what this game has to offer - which is why I sadly missed the chance to make myself a gold backer and play the pre-alpha. :P

As stated above what intrigues me the most is building my own spaceships with my very own design thoughts, thruster placements, redundancies and everything, making it fit what I personally think is cool and plainly fun. (Which is why I currently play Avorion) I have created several concept ships in Blender 3D just because I love doing such things and this game offers to do it in a way that I can actually even properly play with in-game. That alone for me is reason enough to buy it. ;)

In addition to that I saw the prefab cockpit and I like that cockpit view (which is important to me) and the fact that I can create any ship type I like with that cockpit is very appealing to me. :)

And as far as I see the game developing I can well imagine that there might even be more different cockpit prefabs available at some point in the future, which for me is really good modularity. That the HUD sounds like it is fully customizable also helps a lot. ;)

Also I loved to play Minecraft and so this game combines a lot of things I really like to do in my freetime.

Now if DualUniverse also supports my dual joystick + pedals and "proper" 6dof spaceflight with free drifting I think I will really, really, really, spend lots of time in the game. :D

See more details on that here:

So, glad to be here and am looking forward to having fun with the game some time in the hopefully near future. :D

RadiantFlux

---------------------

PS: Yes, I have read the pinned threads. :)