DACs in the form of hours

mmyesrice

I feel that some people that don't plan to play often will be turned away by the monthly payment system. It obviously wouldn't seem worth it if you could only play for three hours a month but still had to pay €10-15 a month. That's €3-5 per hour, and that might not work out for some. A solution to this could be the option to buy hours rather than months, because it would allow the player to spend their time more spread out. It would have to be a lower value than the monthly payment for most, but for people that don't get to spend a lot of time in DU, it would probably be a better option.

7 minutes ago, bananatrooper52 said:

I feel that some people that don't plan to play often will be turned away by the monthly payment system. It obviously wouldn't seem worth it if you could only play for three hours a month but still had to pay €10-15 a month. That's €3-5 per hour, and that might not work out for some. A solution to this could be the option to buy hours rather than months, because it would allow the player to spend their time more spread out. It would have to be a lower value than the monthly payment for most, but for people that don't get to spend a lot of time in DU, it would probably be a better option.

That's a recipe for disaster. The Training Timers do not run if your subscription is not on. Yes the training timers run when you are offline.

How fair would that be? 3-5 Hours of training get you nothing trained high enough. In fact, 3-5 hours is not even enough to get you rank 3/5 of some skills in games like EVE. What? Should NQ reduce the training timer? That's agaisnt the game's philosophy.

That's why the subscription is not hours based and cannot be hours based. It messes up the game, not to mention the problem with server upkeep. NQ can't afford to be at the mercy of people randomly.

Sorry guys, did not realize this was an existing discussion. 

4 minutes ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

That's a recipe for disaster. The Training Timers do not run if your subscription is not on. Yes the training timers run when you are offline.

How fair would that be? 3-5 Hours of training get you nothing trained high enough. In fact, 3-5 hours is not even enough to get you rank 3/5 of some skills in games like EVE. What? Should NQ reduce the training timer? That's agaisnt the game's philosophy.

That's why the subscription is not hours based and cannot be hours based. It messes up the game, not to mention the problem with server upkeep. NQ can't afford to be at the mercy of people randomly.

I guess you are right. I did not think about this aspect.

2 minutes ago, bananatrooper52 said:

Sorry guys, did not realize this was an existing discussion. 

I guess you are right. I did not think about this aspect.

It's the best thing about EVE  you leave the game for 2 weeks, you come back "hey, I trained Armor Upgrades to 5/5, now I can use Tech-2 Armor Repairers, sweet".