Thoughts on these designs?

DarkNovation

I got bored and decided to start working out rough plans for possible ships that my organisation would start developing when the game becomes live. The are low poly and crappy quality but they give the rough idea of what I want to build.

The first(well second) ship I have developed is a mining barge. Its purpose is to fend off attacking enemies and store the materials that the small miners collect. It also serves as a carrier to move the small miners long distances with its FTL drive.

Fitment of the ship:

Has 2 large cannon turrets and one medium sided cannon turret(Not sure if these weapons will be available its just how I designed the ship)

3 large cargo tankers to store the materials collected by the miners

Large radar array to communicate with the miners and scan the area for enemies

f2b152b867.jpg

Shows the material tanks and the bridge of the carrier

f2b11af72c.jpg

The two large turrets and the engine array

f2fdd4bf8e.jpg

Size comparison from small miner to carrier (Note: the small miner will seat 1-2 persons)

Thanks for your input :D

Well it's better than what I can do right now. :D

A little too blocky for my taste, but I get the general idea of what you're going for here. Now.... if you could create the USG Ishimura, well, that sort of erection I would get would be too much.

I think I might be able to give it a go aha not to sure on how well it can turn out ;), And i think with my fighter ships would be more rounded, the blocky design was intentional in that, say the miners come under attack the side with the two large turrets on the carrier is Heavy armour so you can cover the miners as they work and the damage can be minimised.

No its blender, I have more free forming in modelling. I also used Solid works for more detailed parts but that was a different prodject

"Blender! A friend of mine told me to learn it instead of Google Sketchup. I started learning Sketchup, but I'll switch to blender: in the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word is established. Thank you.

"

I tried a sort of bomber style heavy fighter, Made this one a bit more curvier.

f448d6c901.jpg

f448fa2f03.jpg

f44926ba85.jpg

"Hey! Splendid! Much like what I'm trying to create in sketchup. Would you like to be an ally of the Aether? Most of our allies are into construction and industry and one more bright mind, wouldn't hurt anyone."

"Hey! Splendid! Much like what I'm trying to create in sketchup. Would you like to be an ally of the Aether? Most of our allies are into construction and industry and one more bright mind, wouldn't hurt anyone."

Would love to ally with Aether, more minds focusing to a goal help achieve better outcomes aha

Possible Hauler concept, could add up to 10 of the containers(the icoSpheres) extending the length of the ship in segments, these ones being to carry fuel but also could be swapped out for other storage options such as large cargo containers.

Placed in some of my Stalker fighters for size comparison.

8716940ca3.png8714f6f1fd.png8716dafc96.png

Possible Hauler concept, could add up to 10 of the containers(the icoSpheres) extending the length of the ship in segments, these ones being to carry fuel but also could be swapped out for other storage options such as large cargo containers.

Placed in some of my Stalker fighters for size comparison.

8716940ca3.png8714f6f1fd.png

8716dafc96.png

The cojones on this one. :P

Good design though, very functional and to the point.

Introducing my latest concept, well event style of thing. Basically racing ships, yet to come up with a name for it but basically its what happens when you strap overly large engines onto small ships and hope for the best. These ships will be fit with large reactors along with one massive engines and four smaller ones to stabilise the ship. These are some rough low poly's to get the idea across :D

c6a75c6545.pngc6a78a588f.pngc6a7bcf9a6.pngc6a71c257e.png

I am not really liking the styling of the gates and they will definitely change

c6a6cf2155.png

"

Forever a source of inspiration, aren't you? Nice design on the racing models. You know what you're doing and you waste not time on it. Long may your designs grace this  forum and Dual Universe as a whole.

"

Pretty darn cool - though I always had a thing about very large super-carriers having guns that are the size of a sky scraper attached on their sides :P

Mind if I ask what program you're using? 

Its blender :)

Think the internet monster ate your files.

And thanks for that - had a quick look at blender, probably far superior than what I mess around with but it would be too much of a pain to re-learn stuff. Then again, if Blender allows you to make flexible tubing with ease, that would have probably saved me many hours. (You did motivate me to have a go at making a crappy amateur model :P)

I think your designs are fantastic! You have excellent technical skills and creativity! No doubt such advanced and complicated ships would require an array of advanced Component DPU's to handle all the automation and C+C tasks. To this end Red Hat Systems could be of assistance. I'd love to work with you in the game, that is of course if you think having a team of programmers on side would be beneficial to your ship building enterprises. :)

If you are interested we could hash out the details over PM

Either way, i look forward to seeing your designs come to fruition. Good luck