where is september devblog?

T3mp

The dev diaries before were to show everyone the progress they were making and how things were going. With the pre-alpha out now, I think the time on such an update is better suited for the actual game, where people can experience the updates for themselves.

Not to say I wouldn't love a dev diary anyway, and it would show everyone the progress... But still, gotta give them some leeway. They've earned it. 

2 hours ago, ATMLVE said:

The dev diaries before were to show everyone the progress they were making and how things were going. With the pre-alpha out now, I think the time on such an update is better suited for the actual game, where people can experience the updates for themselves.

Not to say I wouldn't love a dev diary anyway, and it would show everyone the progress... But still, gotta give them some leeway. They've earned it. 

That's kind of neglecting the followers who don't have access imho.  Dev blogs should continue, but we also must realize they are overburdened at the moment and "delays" are inevitable.

As only very limited amount of people have access to pre-alpha I think it would be nice to have at least some forum dev blog posts that in written form give short list and idea of what was done and what is planned next. It would take much less time and still will be really helpful.

8 minutes ago, Miamato said:

As only very limited amount of people have access to pre-alpha I think it would be nice to have at least some forum dev blog posts that in written form give short list and idea of what was done and what is planned next. It would take much less time and still will be really helpful.

I'd much rather they continued to follow the email update as per the usual.  A lot of people don't check the forums regularly 

50 minutes ago, Hades said:

I'd much rather they continued to follow the email update as per the usual.  A lot of people don't check the forums regularly 

I think it's not a problem to post news both via email and forum :)

For me such updates are important as I remembered about the game after kickstarter campaign was finished and now cannot view closed tester forums or enter the game. Also as NQ members do not reply much on forums it's hard to understand if they ever read suggestion section, because now I have feelings that most of ideas won't go further than forum members imagination but we will realize it only after release. 

Anyway much time left till release, hopefully we will get more updates at later development stages.  

Most if not all important items for a dev diary would currently be under NDA as they would relate to the pre-alpha session. Anything NQ puts up on a dev diary would become public knowledge and would potentially cause NDA conflicts or breaches.

47 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Most if not all important items for a dev diary would currently be under NDA as they would relate to the pre-alpha session. Anything NQ puts up on a dev diary would become public knowledge and would potentially cause NDA conflicts or breaches.

If NQ releases content about the tests, that is their prerogative.  Just because there is a NDA does not mean NQ cannot share info with the public.  We can't release anything, they can 

2 hours ago, Lau2356 said:

NDA doesn't apply to NQ ?, they decide what they share and what they don't.

I never said anything different but let me clarify this a bit. NQ could potentially release information which would then no longer be covered by NDA as it was made public by them. This in turn may lead to others discussing these things and while doing so adding information still under NDA.

I may be wrong, but I think that NQ has done more polishing than implementation last month (especially because of the alpha).

Thus, there is just not much to show.

They may publish a short video about on-going pre-alpha sometime... or maybe they are waiting to announce alpha... who knows ?

Regards,

Shadow

25 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Thus, there is just not much to show.

That's not true :) They can publish at least some screenshots from pre-alpha and that would be still counted as an update :) 

I think it's very important to keep the Devblogs coming, because it projects a positive impression to the outside world, and will build confidence in any prospective player.

The group that already has access to the pre-alpha are (hopefully) just a tiny sample of the eventual player base. The other million players must still be won over !