Eve Online now Free to play

Delestor

In general cloak is really overrated and not all that vital really. I find my explorer interceptor getting off a gate in under 2s and not caring about bubbles more important. But that won't be for Alphas anyway. Caldari alphas can go stealth in a heron anyway.. Only highest skilled scanners with very expensive implants might be able to find you..

18 hours ago, FrozenFace said:

You can buy pilot license in game market anytime. I dont know about now, but 2 yers ago i maked maney in incursions.

You can buy them yes, but then you need to make resources first, with the ships I have, I cannot do that, since they are high lvl, I either need to sell them than or buy new ones and then mine a bit, before I can get omega, it takes to much time :P

15 hours ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

@blazemonger

Drones + Neuts on Stratios is for PvP imho. PVE can go with Lasers - which was what I said, farming DED sites, not PVPing.

IF you go in PvP with Stratios and lazors, you gonna have a bad time.

Fair enough, although I would not consider a Stratios for PVE. Frankly a VNI would serve pretty much the same purpose and is much cheaper. Many (solo) PVP players would also prefer to not engage a VNI as it has the potential to be an extremely tough opponent.

I have a toon running (mainly) havens in a VNI, the escalations he runs in a Loki or Tengu.

6 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Fair enough, although I would not consider a Stratios for PVE. Frankly a VNI would serve pretty much the same purpose and is much cheaper. Many (solo) PVP players would also prefer to not engage a VNI as it has the potential to be an extremely tough opponent.

I have a toon running (mainly) havens in a VNI, the escalations he runs in a Loki or Tengu.

VNI can't sneak past them low-sec gatecamps tho :P 

Sure, I used to run 7/10 and 8/10 Gurrista on a VNI, real SOB with Heavies and Sppedtank / Drone Navigation Computers, it can be a real bitch with 700 DPS easily.

But for low-sec I'd never go without a Stratios. It can tank, it can dish out damage and it can certainly bounce off real fast if the locals come looking for me.

VNI, I mean, sure, it can pummel your face to a pulp if you get webbed by it, but it's a VNI, it has limited lifespan against more than one opponent, especially in a gatecamp with Svipuls + Arty :P

1 hour ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

VNI can't sneak past them low-sec gatecamps tho :P 
But for low-sec I'd never go without a Stratios. It can tank, it can dish out damage and it can certainly bounce off real fast if the locals come looking for me.

Can't really speak for LS as I live in Null. Lowsec is just for having some fun in FW for me.. I'll generally farm havens in Providence using VNI and have probably 20 of them scattered around. Then bring a T3C for the escalations, also several around the area.. jump around using jump bridges in a blockade runner to avoid Jump fatigue as much as possible. Usually scout ahead in an interceptor when I move out of Provi although Catch and Stain are fairly empty most of the time anyway really..

I fly a Strat for Wormholes and run my Wolf Rayet C3 sites solo in a Confessor (or in confessor fleets for WR C5-C6 sites)

To get back to DU, It will be interesting to see what challenges we'll find in (deep) space. As you mentioned we do not know of any sort of PVE content so it may not be all that interesting at first. My only concern with this is that with no (known) challenges or reasons to move away (quickly) the game may choke on overcrowding .. 

1 minute ago, blazemonger said:

Can't really speak for LS as I live in Null. Lowsec is just for having some fun in FW for me.. I'll generally farm havens in Providence using VNI and have probably 20 of them scattered around. Then bring a T3C for the escalations, also several around the area.. jump around using jump bridges in a blockade runner to avoid Jump fatigue as much as possible. Usually scout ahead in an interceptor when I move out of Provi although Catch and Stain are fairly empty most of the time anyway really..

I fly a Strat for Wormholes and run my Wolf Rayet C3 sites solo in a Confessor (or in confessor fleets for WR C5-C6 sites)

To get back to DU, It will be interesting to see what challenges we'll find in (deep) space. As you mentioned we do not know of any sort of PVE content so it may not be all that interesting at first. My only concern with this is that with no (known) challenges or reasons to move away (quickly) the game may choke on overcrowding .. 

I hope PVE is not endless in DU when and if it comes into the game, in EVE it's a real problem. You heard of the same old arguement.

"I was in 5 Billion Raven and he was in a 300 mil Machariel. I lost".

If NQ was to add PVE, it should be like a treasure hunt or an adventure and tied to the player economy, not a grind. Empyrion had a good idea on it, each planet having random spawns of PVE sites, the same with DU, have some drone enemies, and make PVE a treasure hunt, not a repetitive process

Or in a more advanced scenario, treat PVE as the thing it is - extermination jobs or pest control. Have a "boss" NPC tat as long a it's alive  the smaller NPCs respawn and have said NPC bosses drop materials used for making druggies that boost skill training or more like making coo lcosmetics., making PVErs ltierally pseudo-monster hunters. Just not Skinner Box of repetitive PVE. Like in EVE, cool, first escalationn I had was nice. 300th? Not so fun anymore. There was no excitement about it. But having predatory creatures that attack players or are spawned around player territories (more likely as well) gives PVE a sense of "oh, we better kill those things in order for our guys to be safe out there".

I mean, you can't get more immersive PVE than PVE that other players send you to.

I mean tihnk about it, would you like a PVEr to be seen "oh, a carebear who thinks the story matters, lol" like it's in EVE, or more like "oh, that guy runs exterminations, if you find Spiderwolves in a planet, call him, guaranteeed success in less than a day". Plus, with the depth NQ has for mining, we could be expecting some weird tracking mechanics for finding out the "nest" of a giant ass spiderwolf cronenberg alien predatory animal.

While recent sites have seen good progress in NPC AI, I would agree that to a large extend PVE in EVE is way to predictable and generally quickly resolved as far as tactics go. I like the ideas you put forward about  it being more of a hunt where the NPCs may throw a curveball at the corner...

Guess we'll have to see how this plays out eventually