Harvest

Au niveau des ressources, on peut tout modeler au niveau de la planète, ainsi si par exemple, on récolte tout une planète mère, comment les nouveaux joueurs pourront récolter si celle-ci est dépourvu des ressources, ou il y aura des zone non destructible pour la récolte de ressource?

Salut, les planètes de Dual Universe seront assez grosses pour empêcher l'épuisement des ressources d'une d'entre elles, fort probablement. Aussi, les ressources les moins rares qui sont nécessaires aux nouveaux joueurs, seront présentes en grande quantité sur les planètes, en général. Il n'y aura pas de zone non-destructible spécialement pour la récolte de ressource, celle-ci pourra se faire partout sur la planète et il faudra trouver les ressources avec le scanneur avant de les miner. Pour en savoir plus, je t'envoie le lien du DevBlog concernant le scannage et le minage des ressources.

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to take an absurdly long time to completely mine Alioth (the starter planet). NQ did the math, and if you had 1000 people mining at 50m3 per second, 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, it would take them 19 years to dig up just 1% of the planet. 

So don't worry, there's plenty of ore on Alioth to go around. 

2 hours ago, Vorengard said:

It's going to take an absurdly long time to completely mine Alioth (the starter planet). NQ did the math, and if you had 1000 people mining at 50m3 per second, 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, it would take them 19 years to dig up just 1% of the planet. 

So don't worry, there's plenty of ore on Alioth to go around. 

I guess they really have prepared for numbers going into the 100,000's to millions. 

AFAIK, resource distribution on a planet will be determined by the seed number used to procedurally generate the planet. That implies that the amount of resources in the starter solar system will pretty much be fixed at launch.

So NQ will have to guess how many resources are "enough" for an unknown number of players, who'll pretty much be confined to that starter solar system for the first 9-12 months after launch (the arrival of stargates will allow commercial exploitation of new systems).

If certain resources start running short after a few months, I guess NQ could always generate a few random asteroids to ease the shortage...