Land/space claim

conker4

Keeping this short. My idea is that you have a modular shield system that is also used to claim land and space. this will be needed or you will just have people destroying things all over the place. eg if you have a city you will not be able to control each part of that city.

basically no claim = trolls.

Arkification tokens (shielded territory) and territory claims will be two separate things.  

Territory will give organizations ownership over constructs and land (control over what is editable). And Ark zones will be much more rare and will actually protect constructs from damage.. 

Time will tell. I don't think a lot is really set in stone so far, so I'd rather wait for the details and more progress ... or, in other words, when it really will be set in stone.

So far I mostly see ideas or plans float around that people assume to be valid until release. Let's see how many ideas or plans really make it until then - or how many details will actually shape the various features over time.

I can see the Arkification tokens and territory claim working for land on a planet, but what about in space? If I have a space station or an asteroid field base (if asteroids get added) in the middle of nowhere how could I ensure that nobody tries to scrap it or build a new one around it. Or would it need to be manned at all times to ensure security? And I do understand that such things should be able to be attacked and destroyed, it just comes back to the "What if I'm offline?" issue.

I can see the Arkification tokens and territory claim working for land on a planet, but what about in space? If I have a space station or an asteroid field base (if asteroids get added) in the middle of nowhere how could I ensure that nobody tries to scrap it or build a new one around it. Or would it need to be manned at all times to ensure security? And I do understand that such things should be able to be attacked and destroyed, it just comes back to the "What if I'm offline?" issue.

I don't think we have a definitive answer on this yet. Territory in space should work similarly, just with bubbles or spheres instead of hexes. 

I've though about ark tokens in space, but I think they are more appropriate for planet territory because space is just so much more vast, and constructs on planets will be much harder to hide.

Automated turrets will have a big part to play in defending constructs that are not in an ark zone.