Materials for Master Piece

Tango_Lima

Hello,

I would like to known some details about "great" materials used in constructions, i mean "buildings" like cathedral or official ambassy or king's house.

In another words, would it be possible to create "beautiful" constructions by using marble,luxury wood, high-definition sculptures,  etc...

Thanks

CATHEDRAL

2608-1273524021cCGQ.jpg

]

VILLA MEDICIS in Rome

640_villa-medicis-4-assaf-shoshan.jpg

ALHAMBRA in Spain

50507127.jpg

ISOLATED MARBLE

4576994-classique-de-la-statue-de-marbre

Edited by Tango_Lima
tags useless

The common feature of all the images you linked is not so much determined by the "rarity" of the materials used, but rather by the extensive amount of small intricate surface details.

The size of the voxels we can work with will limit that.

A wide selection of available surface textures can compensate to an extent, but I'd guess that something like the cathedral window will not be practically possible.

There are several pre-made meshes for decorative elements that NQ have developed (e.g. trashcan, indoor plant, etc.), but those require artists' time, so they will probably be added slowly.

Indeed and it's that point i targeted.

Novaquark will not have enought time ( 25 persons ) to produce meshes and all stuff like that...and i ll' prefer to create them alone , maybe in a tool made by Novaquark for the community.

I think it's very important for each team to have the possibility to customize their own building ( exterior and interior ) to be different of the neighbour.

If you sculp a statue or a pilar for a temple, a blue print will work exactly as a ship blueprint..

Textures bank is a first solution but.... i will need more and more liberty in creative power...

I understand where you are coming from but I'm against player made meshes. Think of loading times, server load and reviewing allthe those meshes - no ty. I rather have a working single shard where everyone plays on the same server - with some restrictions that might bring

I suppose you could make great structures or statues with really fine voxels, then, then change the color. I the NQ want you to be creative as possible, so i think the amount of materials is the limit. You could create a statue i suppose, but it would be very large

we have pretty large building blocks but really cool designs were made in games like landmark and minecraft. things like the chairs will be easier than things like the glass. for instance they could go The Sims way and have multiple textures for a  premade chair's wood and padding. the middle building will be possible as well, but I find in most voxel games buildings have to be scaled up so that you can get the details in. part of the fun of these games is not seeing how carefully you can recreate something, it is what can you create with the limits and tools available.. the interesting ways we can bend the rules or combine things. like in minecraft using stairs for windows and cool patterns or howin landmark they used smoothing tools to make the voxels smaller than they would normally have been. I would not be surprised if we started off with a certain voxel size and couldn't go smaller but then later on get more fine tuned control or more flexable premade assets . although with that first one,t he glass... glass itself is tricky to start with. in a lot of games glass colors don't change the light colors for example, or the glass is just a smei clear block with no... glassy-ness to it