Some things I've been thinking of, as of late, are that it's going to take everyone working together to accomplish things.  I'm not sure if anyone else out there is wanting to form alliances or not, but this is not easily done on the community page as there are so many organizations now.  I would like to know who would be interested in forming an alliance and getting to know each other so we can work together to accomplish our goals in game.

True, forming alliances and other relations is not very easy yet (though NQ intends to improve that part of community page significantly). But there are quite a bit of alliances and even a couple of wars already declared, via the old-school method of organisations talking to each other. And some alliances have already been broken too. 

This site (thanks Evil, Inc.) may provide some insight into org relations, but other than that one needs to scour orgs' announcements to find publicly formed alliances. 

And this site (thanks, Peregrin) has short summaries of some orgs to get you started. Visiting org Discord servers is very useful too. 

Scouring the orgs' announcements and such seams like a lot as I have so may other things going on right now.  I would love to have loads of time on my hands, but it seams there are many preparations which are going to need completed before launch day, and that day is fast approaching.  

So many things and so little time.  I don't know if all of the things I want to get done will be completed on time, and I'm sure there may be others out there who feel the same.  I'm fairly new to the forums and have tried to become more involved as the release date inches closer and closer. 

Discord seams to be highly popular now days and, as I'm trying to build the group up, I am also seeking out other discord channels to participate in.

In my book - but then again I cannot look into your head, OP, and only try to assess things from my own subjective view and then your posts so far - it seems you put yourself under more stress than needed.

"So little time, so much to do"

We barely started pre-Alpha and there is still a lot to implement and tweak for the game. I'd honestly worry once we reach early or mid-Beta. But then again I pretty much sit on infrastructure (not in-game yet of course), contacts and so on so I can rather relax a bit, even if mentally. Of course, this is always an on-going process, but once you built yourself a foundation, you can rest easier.

Perhaps if you want to kick start your ideas it's best to be specific about them here because:

On 6.10.2017 at 1:38 PM, lambert514 said:

I would like to know who would be interested in forming an alliance and getting to know each other so we can work together to accomplish our goals in game.

is not so specific.

Now unless you want to keep this thread general: What is your group idea? What is the name or, if not set yet, what are the intended names? What are your goals for the group and are there goals going beyond that group? Do you have infrastructure (external website, etc) yet?

Might as well promote the group and your goals here to attract potential clients, buyers, etc.

That, too, of course.

But I suppose some people look for "security on paper" if you know what I mean.

Heck, I probably have (indirect) friends I don't even know about yet and just because I know certain people - or at least not have terribly bad reputations or interactions with them. Some other person (I mean, not just him, but to refer to him now) said material value or money isn't even that important in many situations.

Social currency - the people you know and that help you if it comes down to it - that can be even more powerful. Of course, that also means a bad reputation can be anything but helpful in your endeavours on the other hand.

Just now, Warden said:

That, too, of course.

But I suppose some people look for "security on paper" if you know what I mean.

Heck, I probably have (indirect) friends I don't even know about yet and just because I know certain people - or at least not have terribly bad reputations or interactions with them. Some other person (I mean, not just him, but to refer to him now) said material value or money isn't even that important in many situations.

Social currency - the people you know and that help you if it comes down to it - that can be even more powerful. Of course, that also means a bad reputation can be anything but helpful in your endeavours on the other hand.

I think a system like that could work for more than alliances. Like for renting or leasing or loaning money to people, having clause in contracts like "you cannot trade with enemy forces" or "you can't allow enemy forces through your territory tiles" under the penalty of monetary loss.

PRoblem is, not all things can be put into paper, nor can the system compensate for alts who circumvent the laws - and no, anyone who thinks API keys will do something about that, they are fooling themselves.

The only social assurance is "be the best possible ally, worst possily foe". Neutral parties are just opportunists.

1 hour ago, lambert514 said:

Discord seams to be highly popular now days and, as I'm trying to build the group up, I am also seeking out other discord channels to participate in.

Why not request the creation of a new channel on the unofficial Discord ?

It could be something like "DU-Diplomacy" where related discussions and announcements can take place. Perhaps only accredited diplo representatives would be allowed to post, but everyone would have read access.

Just now, NanoDot said:

Why not request the creation of a new channel on the unofficial Discord ?

It could be something like "DU-Diplomacy" where related discussions and announcements can take place. Perhaps only accredited diplo representatives would be allowed to post, but everyone would have read access.

I have a diplomacy channel on my discord where I would love for leaders of other organizations to meet and discuss actions and diplomatic relations.  Come to agreements and sort out land disputes and things like this is why I really created the channel.  I'm also working on a bot program that would assign diplomatic status to verified Legates... it's a long process