Greetings/Looking for Corporation

Spyborg

Hello citizens of Dual Universe.  I thought it's about time that I go ahead and hop on the forums and introduce myself.  I'm from the East Coast in the US and I am currently attending college to get my Maters in Business Administration, which leads me to my next point.  After doing some extensive research into what DU has to offer, I firmly believe I will be taking on the business aspect of the game which firmly includes Industry. 

Now I am a big fan of Space based MMO genre having played most, if not all available on the market.  Most notably being EvE online where I am very avid industrialist/miner/Business player, and I hope to bring that into DU.  To do that, I am on the lookout for a group of like minded folks to join in preparation for the coming future when we all get to enjoy the game on it's glorious release day.  I'm a more social, friendly and family oriented guy so i'm really looking for a tight-knit group to stick with till the end of the games life with which to put my skills and knowledge to use.  A multi-gaming community would be a plus too in order to pass the time while we patiently wait for the day our dream comes true.  

That about does it for my introduction to this wonderful forum.  I look forward to getting into the community and becoming a part of it's growth as we move towards release.  Thanks for the read and I await you all in space. 

Welcome to the forums @Spyborg!

First off, I would like to show you to the first section of the forum that you should always visit; that would be this topic.

Most of it is just general stuff you need to know. Going through it will give you some knowledge that people should honestly know.

Now then, I would also like to say congrats on your survival in EVE! Things aren't that much different here though. I hope to see you work hard in the game, as the possibilities for one individual are usually pretty small. With most feats having the probable likelihood of being done in a group, I can say for sure that talented individuals are needed. So what I recommend for someone like you who wants to become a part of an organization that has a similar mindset is to join organizations that might have a similar mindset. Leave if it doesn't. You don't know what you are going to come across until you find them! 

That said, I do find your experience to give you an advantage. Just a quick question; how much time have you spent playing EVE(AKA, when did you first play it)?

Once again, welcome to Dual Universe!

Thanks for the helpful link!  I'll be sure to give it a read as soon as i'm done typing this response.  

As for my time in EvE, I've played for the majority of about 5 years starting in August of 2012.  Had some on and off time throw into the mix but I've pretty much done it all.  Needless to say I've been in just about every corp and environment available (Somehow managed to get into a Russian only corporation.. not sure how that transpired) but EvE was the game that really made me realize that I had a thing for Space based MMOs and the Industrial/Crafting region of any game.

Welcome to the community. And always glad to see another Eve player, welcome my brother

I'll toss you an invite to BOO - Band of Outlaws. Casually serious group with several eve vets to boot playing many games while we wait for DU. We also have a few groups within our organization that specialize in the very thing you are looking for, like Kraken Industries - https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/kraken-industries

Here is the page for BOO as well - https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/band-of-outlaws

Cheers

Welcome to the forums! Most of the orgs you can find on discord and people are more than happy to help. Also check out the community page orgs. (Make sure you go past the first few pages and take a look around).

Welcome!  I too play Eve and find it a good game.  I also think that DU will be likewise the same if not better.  So this brings me to my next point, and that is I would love to chat with you either on our Discord and talk about where the game is going and what we can expect:

https://discord.gg/zHnanpZ

Also, if you are looking for an organization to join, I would be honored if you joined us in our travels.  We would greatly enjoy playing the game with you, and I would hope that you would also enjoy playing it with us.

https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/quantum-spire

This is a link to our community page if you want to check it out and apply.  Fly Safe o7

• 5 months later...