BandofOutlaw-KC22a-A00a.png

BOO IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING PLAYERS AND ORGANIZATIONS

BOO WEBSITE LINK

BAND OF OUTLAWS COMMUNITY PORTAL LINK

A WORD FROM OUR FANS (LINK)

Discord: https://discord.gg/mhAaKmA

WHO ARE WE?

Band of Outlaws is a growing community of gamer's within Dual Universe. Our goal when the game launches is to provide a community environment for all play styles. While our theme and preference leans towards the renegades and outlaws, we are also happy to accept traders, builders, and anything else in between. We want to encourage everyone in Dual Universe who has a heart for a sense of community and gaming to join us, whether as individuals or with your own group. Either way, we have a growing support network that anyone can benefit from.

We understand games can be hard to commit to, and acknowledge the fact that people have lives outside of the internet. We won't force you to do anything, the only thing we want you to do is to have fun and play the game your way, hopefully with us among friends. 

THE PLAN:

Band of Outlaws wants to create a community for those who wish to play out their inner rebel, whether that be through pirating, smuggling, being a mercenary, a bounty hunter, and everything else in between. That is just a small portion of what our community is going to accomplish, as we have been steadily growing in several other games such as Battlefield 1, Conan Exiles, and several more. We want members to join a family of fellow, like minded internet nerds than just some faction in a singular game.

That said, we certainly plan to have Dual Universe as our focus when the game launches, and we have several projects in our development pipeline for our community to participate in when the time comes. I'll list an example of such below.

Project Tortuga: Band of Outlaws plans to accomplish many tasks within Dual Universe with the help of volunteers within our community. We want to create a safe haven for outlaws like you and I, and are planning to construct a free port away from prying organizations who seek to control everything. Dubbed "Project Tortuga", our free port will be available for anyone to use, not just the Band of Outlaws. This project has also been extended to the greater Dual Universe community, and with the help of the Band of Outlaws, we can all have a place to call home.

THE OVERVIEW:

• Primary language: English primarily.

• Time zone: We accept anyone from around the globe.

• Goal:  To create a support network for players in DU, providing benefits for mercenaries, bounty hunters, you name it. We plan to have several internal services established to let you play out your character in DU. Also, blow things up and make money. 

WHAT CAN BAND OF OUTLAWS PROVIDE FOR YOU?

• Security in numbers: Our safety network will you keep you and your assets safe.

• Community: We have a vast network of players with a wide array of goals in the game, we all support each other in and outside of the game world.

• Trade: We plan to have a vast trade network, where you can get the best deals by being in Band of Outlaws.

• PVP: BOO will need to protect its assets, and we plan to be very aggressive. We will teach you how to fight, and provide you with the ships to do so.

• PVE: We're not sure how PVE will be in the game, but we certainly plan to be apart of it as we know many players may not want to do PVP.

• Exploring: There is a big galaxy out there, so of course we're going to explore it!

WHAT OTHER SERVICES DO BAND OF OUTLAWS PROVIDE?

A discord server that is managed 24/7 with hundreds of members playing various games. 

Website/Forums to hang out with other BOO members. (WIP)

• An actual gaming community of internet nerds, with the number one focus being fun. This family is open to all. 

A chance to help create something unique and inspiring. Come make history with us!

HOW DO WE OPERATE?

Band of Outlaws is not out to be the next mega corporation with an umbrella controlling every sub-organization within our community. We operate under a general community management system with our Managers and Moderators doing all of the admin work so everyone else can enjoy whatever game we are playing.

Within the context of Dual Universe, right now our management for this game is open ended until the game launches and we can see where we need certain positions filled. 

DBAD CLAUSE - RULE:

Band of Outlaws will not drag you down with rule after rule. To sum up how we expect members to behave - don’t be a dick. We’re all here to have fun, and there is no reason to be rude to each other. This includes flaming, hate speech, starting drama etc. Let’s act like grown men and women. This also extends to how members are expected to act towards other organizations/communities. Be respectful, regardless of affiliations.

INTERESTED?

We are always looking to recruit new players, or organizations within the Band of Outlaws. If living the outlaw life is for you, then this is the best alliance to be apart of. We encourage you to apply immediately, and be apart of the greatest organization made for rebels and outlaws like you. Below will list minor details to help you when you apply to Band of Outlaws.

• Applying by yourself as a player? Simply head on over to our community portal and submit an application. Your application will be reviewed, and a voice interview with yourself before we finalize your enrollment. This is simply to make sure we can maintain some sense of security within Band of Outlaws, and that we can both get to know each other and be sure that not only you would be a good fit for us, but that we would be a good fit for you. If you are interested, just apply on our community portal - Band of Outlaws Portal Link

• Applying as an organization? We are always looking for other player organizations to join the Band of Outlaws alliance. Being a member of our alliance has benefits that are listed in this post above. Among those, you will benefit mainly from a wide market audience and support network. Band of Outlaws members and organizations are forbidden from openly attacking each other. We are all allies here with the same idea, and we want you to be apart of that. Simply send a private message to Cybrex, and negotiations will be made. 

If you have any questions regarding Band of Outlaws, please contact Cybrex.

BAND OF OUTLAWS COMMUNITY PORTAL LINK

Band of Outlaws still holds all of it's former services carried over from COPS. We have a new name, and face and will continue to do what we were doing before - having fun. 

I have had some support already from various members of the community, and I really appreciate it. Let's hope all of this forum drama ends. :)

Thanks,

Cybrex

Shameless bump. Ex-pirate though I may be, I still want to see outlaws of all varieties ruling the roost! ^_^ Jump on in pirates, privateers, scallywags, bounty hunters and all those in between!

Have fun :D

While I wish you'd come along for the ride, I appreciate your support. :)

Thanks,

Cybrex

Hey friends, this looks promising! Go Go BOO!

Band of Outlaws is sure to be a fun, action packed organisation. Cybrex and any other leaders they may have, are undoubtedly going to treat you very nicely!

I hope we can work out cooperative deals, I have a couple things in mind already~

1.) I hope we can find some games for the DU community at large to play while we wait, possibly setup some match making somehow to find peoples to play with, or spar against.

2.) I was wondering how you all might feel about a CO-OP city or station, mostly for pirates, mercs, smugglers or other shadowy peoples. The name Tortuga came to mind, that was always one of my favorite city names from Pirate of the Burning Sea, plus Tortuga 'Turtle' Station is just cool, but Id be open to whatever, just an idea if you thought a neutral zone haven might be cool, sell off your looted goods to traders and return the goods back to the market.

3.) You... know, a certain organisation might need to hire organised raiders to shake the status quo up from time to time...

Uhhh what... I mean I love peace, yeah, yeah rainbows, skittles, peace!

If there's something I can do to help you compatriots out shoot me a message, regardless of my position.  :wub: P.S. Ryoko, nice Girls und Panzer icon, if thats not GnP lemme know i like the style.

Hua hua hua huaaaa. I need to draw up white villainous mask. It wont fool anyone for obvious reasons, but its necessary for doing the dark deeds Ill have to do to keep as much of society happily skipping along as possible.

Is it right to spend public funds to sponsor false flag attacks.. maybe not, but in a world with no consequence to death, and hordes of angry citizens all the time.. the lines get pretty gray.

uhhh... BOO!

Hua hua hua huaaaa. I need to draw up white villainous mask. It wont fool anyone for obvious reasons, but its necessary for doing the dark deeds Ill have to do to keep as much of society happily skipping along as possible.

Is it right to spend public funds to sponsor false flag attacks.. maybe not, but in a world with no consequence to death, and hordes of angry citizens all the time.. the lines get pretty gray.

uhhh... BOO!

"I never knew Neo was this evil. Well, BOO has the right to refuse any request, no? We'll just have to put Neo's game avatar in a straight jacket and keep him inside Emberstone."

"I never knew Neo was this evil. Well, BOO has the right to refuse any request, no? We'll just have to put Neo's game avatar in a straight jacket and keep her inside Emberstone."

I mean, any request with enough money involved... well, we can consider our options. :P

Hey friends, this looks promising! Go Go BOO!

Band of Outlaws is sure to be a fun, action packed organisation. Cybrex, Astrum, and any other leaders they may have, are undoubtedly going to treat you very nicely!

I hope we can work out cooperative deals, I have a couple things in mind already~

1.) I hope we can find some games for the DU community at large to play while we wait, possibly setup some match making somehow to find peoples to play with, or spar against.

2.) I was wondering how you all might feel about a CO-OP city or station, mostly for pirates, mercs, smugglers or other shadowy peoples. The name Tortuga came to mind, that was always one of my favorite city names from Pirate of the Burning Sea, plus Tortuga 'Turtle' Station is just cool, but Id be open to whatever, just an idea if you thought a neutral zone haven might be cool, sell off your looted goods to traders and return the goods back to the market.

3.) You... know, a certain organisation might need to hire organised raiders to shake the status quo up from time to time...

Uhhh what... I mean I love peace, yeah, yeah rainbows, skittles, peace!

If there's something I can do to help you compatriots out shoot me a message, regardless of my position.  :wub: P.S. Ryoko, nice Girls und Panzer icon, if thats not GnP lemme know i like the style.

1 - Yeah we were talking about the gaming activities with the community. Still need to settle on some options, but Empyrion seemed like a viable candidate. Yama said he'd host the server if we go with it which is just fine. Would probably be ideal if we wait until after the Gamescom presentation before we get ahead of ourselves. Help us see how large the community will be afterwards you know?

2 - I have been juggling with this idea for two weeks now and would love to see this happen. A 100% neutral port of safe harbor for anyone to take refuge in, sell goods, fence goods, anything. Tortuga seems like a perfect name (considering the names history). I plan to try to encourage BOO to build it, but I won't say no any outside help. We can certainly make it a community project. :D

3 - If the money is good, someone with less than good intentions will always take the offer. :D

Cool cool, Ill let you guys figure out the reformation first, but for sure get ahold of one of us ... other guys, I dont mind us being a Jr partner is a deal to help everyone out. I was just suggesting an idea, I wanted to build a place called wayfar months ago but I never talked about it much.

I'd happily help with 'project tortuga' or black sheep bay or whatever, hopefully something with a clever name. Maybe Lady Astrum or Ryoko or someone has ideas on what you guys want, I dont mind generating ideas if you poke me.

Anyway, here's to the formation of BOO, and a friendly bump.

P.S. A thought came to mind right after i made this and watch the lazy town video a few times, it doesn't fit the theme for me, but for you perhaps you'll like it..

On Alioth were gonna need ways to get newbies into the game and give em something to do. Heres a buccaneer explorer idea.

Burried treasure hunting. Send out your veterans to terraform some dirt and bury items or little bits of money that would be relevant for beginners, inside of a limited arena/area, then let them(newbies) lose on the field to duke it out with each other and try to find the treasures.

Edit for post below. oh I see Ill adjust my posts to reflect that knowledge, ... sorry for the misconcieved notions

Edited by Neopolitan

Astrum/Ryoko are not in BOO unfortunately, though that may change in the future. :D Currently it's myself and a few others who are here from COPS. Unfortunate, but I'll just consider it "losing some fat". 

Project Tortuga will be fun for sure. I wasn't planning on doing any real planning until Alpha releases so that I know what I am working with. 

It would be interesting to see if we can do a treasure hunt of sorts, but too soon to really plan that until a little after release. But I certainly do like the idea. :D

First off, let me just say hats off to Cybrex for picking up the torch and running with it! Even though COPS disbanded, I'm happy to see that you got the spiritual successor up and running so quickly with BOO. Great job Cybrex!  :) *shameless bump*

There is so much good stuff in here, but too much to try and run quotes on! lol. so I guess I'll just jump in. <('.'<)

I love the idea of having a "pirate bay" (possible pun intended) of sorts for us to all be able to meet, greet, and do our dirty. Regardless of which org I ultimately end up being a part of (still tossing around some ideas), I would happily devote time, resources, and credits into trying to build something like this with you guys. Knowing there would always be a home for the likes of us is reassuring to say the least. 

I'd also love to hop into some games with you guys while we're all waiting for our chance at DU. Looks like I missed out on the Planetside 2 again this weekend though. Maybe next weekend ^_^v

@Neo - thank you very much :wub:  Yes it is Nishizumi Maho from GnP and using Deunan's armor from Appleseed:EM, and the emblem I made myself

Well, hopefully you'll choose BOO Ryoko. I've got plans in the pipeline that I am sure you would love to be apart of. But best of luck to you, wherever you decide to go. :)

I'll be picking Game Night back up for Band of Outlaws in about two weeks. Still need to get what member base we had from COPS over here, and then start planning from there. I'll be keeping it to Saturdays again, but we'll see. 

Well, hopefully you'll choose BOO Ryoko. I've got plans in the pipeline that I am sure you would love to be apart of. But best of luck to you, wherever you decide to go. :)

I'll be picking Game Night back up for Band of Outlaws in about two weeks. Still need to get what member base we had from COPS over here, and then start planning from there. I'll be keeping it to Saturdays again, but we'll see. 

Sure thing, keep me posted! I think I'm like 1/2 a day ahead of most of you though, so maybe your Saturday night is my Sunday morning? Looking forward to it! :)

I would like to request that you remove this description of your organization. It is pure plagiarism of the COPS write up. This was not your writing and you had no input on the writing.

And in actuality, your entire write up about your organization is straight plagiarism of the cops write up.

"

The arkships landed. We woke anew, scared, unsure. Groups formed, factions aligned. Power corrupted. For all the efforts to save our species, the millennia we traveled, we reverted almost instantly back to that old human nature. Not even extinction could change our habits, our instinct.

We have all been there. Watching and witnessing the mega-corporations metastasize and feed off the livelihood of the less fortunate. Class warfare, poverty, slavery...being forced to work by some clown sitting at the top of his ivory tower barking commands. I’ve had enough of it, most likely so have you. It’s time to break from those chains and live a free life. It ain’t easy, ain’t too much glory, but it’s honest (for the most part) and fair.  We are a coalition, a collaboration,  a consortium, a conspiracy, a communion,  a clan, a crew, a club, a confederation, a confederacy collecting cohorts connected, conjoined, combining efforts to be a free people, free from tyranny, terror, and totalitarianism"

I expressed my issues. Please change your post as you copy pasted what work Lady Astrum and I did.

I am happy to work things out. This was a successor to COPS and I wanted to keep it as close as possible, I have no intention of stepping on toes. I'll edit the OP when I get off work, if you have any further issues, reach me by PM. 

Thank you