VR in a near future perhaps ?

netshaman

As you can know Vr is developping at a relatively fast pace actually , so a game like this  will be a perfect fit for it .
I know you are a small team , but will you ever consider implementing Virtual Reality one day ?
Thx.

4 minutes ago, netshaman said:

As you can know Vr is developping at a relatively fast pace actually , so a game like this  will be a perfect fit for it .
I know you are a small team , but will you ever consider implementing Virtual Reality one day ?
Thx.

IMHO they said somewhere that they plan on implementing it, but it'll be a bit hard with moving around though....

Moving around is the least of issues.... teleport, slide, arm swinger, or even moving up and down (hot runback vr, running simulation, which leaves your hands free to do other things).  Hand thrusters (star rangers VR)

Though I suppose since it's a custom engine they'll have more issues than someone using unity or unreal for instance.

2 hours ago, Dehkur said:

Moving around is the least of issues.... teleport, slide, arm swinger, or even moving up and down (hot runback vr, running simulation, which leaves your hands free to do other things).  Hand thrusters (star rangers VR)

Though I suppose since it's a custom engine they'll have more issues than someone using unity or unreal for instance.

Have to agree here.  I can handle trackpad movement just fine, but many cannot.  If they can nail down VR, it will have to be without teleportation... that would just make things all wonky between those who use VR and those who do not.

There cannot be major movement differences between VR and regular players, all movement differences must be aesthetic.  I.e.) hand movement and whatnot 

The key to VR is integrating the camera tracking for the headset. so it recognizes the head movements to look around. next is intergrating the hand controllers and allowing them to be custom keymapped to the game. when VR hits the game, you will probably see more interesting designs created in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

they could add a jetpack or something similar where if you go above a certain altitude it become less effective allowing vr to move not just teloport

and when you in a hall way you can use your hands i guess 

by the way i don't feel like dying every time I move like 1 meter  

Edited by Julius
bad spelling