Climat and Eco-Systems on Planets

TheLongWorm

I thought it would be a great idea and add to the Gameplay experience when we would have planets with they're own Climate and Eco-system that can be changed by the actions of the players so if players kill to many flesh eating animals the plant eating animals would eat the plants away that would effect the climate of the planet like in Spore just with more factors like Emissions or even machines that could change the amount of air or what kind of gases that are in the air so that players could change the presser and the heat of the planet so that Dead planets can get an working Eco-system with breathable air, the players could even do Magnetic Field generators to shield the atmosphere to protect the players from the Suns Radiation so New players with not so good gear can build, mine and do stuff on the planet.

Just an other Idea to think about it would add an lot to the Gameplay and the politic system, i mean that is one of the most important things in the game giving the players the control that would be an other way players can impact the world.

The climate could change have impact in multible ways like:

Higher see Level

Lower see Level

More Rain

less Rain

More thunder Storms

Less thunder Storms

No more trees

No more animals

More Airpressure

Less Airpressure

Unbreathable Air

breathable Air

Less Radiation

More Radiation

Hotter Atmosphere

colder Atmosphere

Clear Atmosphere

Completely light absorbing Atmosphere 

Corrosive Atmosphere--->Iron and other materials gets eaten away and in case the player has an Armor and tools that anrent protected agents it goes as well.  

not corrosive Atmosphere

It would give every Planet a special feeling and if your moving around and exploring the universe it would make it even more interesting. 

It could even Implement mechanic that adds emission detection tools and could build up conflicts between organisations, one that is destroying everything with they're mining an the other that tries to keep the climate in control.

As cool as player actions affecting planetary ecology would be, it's well beyond the scope of DU's proposed gameplay mechanics. I imagine it would greatly increase server load, as well. But, it would be cool to have something like that in the distant future for sure.

8 hours ago, Sualretav said:

As cool as player actions affecting planetary ecology would be, it's well beyond the scope of DU's proposed gameplay mechanics. I imagine it would greatly increase server load, as well. But, it would be cool to have something like that in the distant future for sure.

Well im not a game developer, but i think doing this would be like changing the background ok the eco-system if it would be simulated 100% correct but this does not need to be the case, you can just do something like if the Players kill that many animals in that period of time that spawn flowing spawn rates changes the number of background of animals(The amount of animals theoretical living on that planet but cant be seen by Players(Just by the changing spawn rate) direct it would be a back ground number) that would change the amount of Trees, and other animals  depending on what kind of animals are getting killed and that should have then an effect on the weather and other Planetary stuff, Implementing them should not be a problem when Rain and thunder is a thing anyway the only things that would change is the Sky color and the see level i don't know how the see level works but it depending on that its no problem or a huge problem changing the higher or lowering the see level.

The problem with this system is i don't think it could be Implemented after the game lunches. But how much server load or work it makes to develop such features i don't know that for sure of cores.

Implementing basic biome types with basic effects shouldn't be wizardry in general. Whether it will be technically possible without causing major instability or performance impacts here, is another question, that is.

I see this as part of space games that have any sorts of exploration component and sandbox elements.

On 3.10.2017 at 3:16 PM, Warden said:

Implementing basic biome types with basic effects shouldn't be wizardry in general. Whether it will be technically possible without causing major instability or performance impacts here, is another question, that is.

I see this as part of space games that have any sorts of exploration component and sandbox elements.

I agree, im wondering if they already planed adding systems like that before.