WE NEED STEAM!!!

friendlytyrant03

I have one thing to say: DU should be available on steam. I am a steam fanatic I get almost all my games on steam. ksp, space engineers now we need DU, NQ please consider if DU is available on steam so many people will know about this awesome game and make it even more popular. So, who's with me

dunno, don't want steam cutting into their profits. But its better than origin

I think there is a way for the game to be on steam but be purchesed from them using steam keys though I think it had some problems with other games (RimWorld had these problems and had to stop last i heard)

You can message them on Facebook which is what i did.

I asked the dev if they're going to release it on steam and said it's going to be on steam at some point, just not certain at the moment. It's going to be available on the official website from now.

NQ has touched on this on another thread.....maybe the q and a....but I don't expect you to read through all that. Basicly they just aren't decided. they aren't against using steam as a platform. especially as it gets their name out there more.

I seriously doubt this game will use the steam workshop because of the type of game it is. For example any ship would be available in game and you couldn't add elements (cockpits, monitors, thrusters, etc,) because somebody could just make a super-powered element that couldn't be stopped and also might not be able to be seen by others. Also it would expose the game to potentially poor quality coding or modelling.

Back on topic, I believe that Steam could provide some much need attention for an MMO like this to survive in the long run.

Workshop for an MMO of this style is out of the question. As Pesky mentioned above, someone would just mod something greatly overpowered in.

As for finding new ship styles and types, you're going to be able to buy them on the market in game, not downloading through the workshop (like SE).

Steam tends to just be another platform for people to release a game on to gain attention, whether or not they take a percent of sales I'm sure won't stop the devs from doing it because I'm sure this is going to be requested quite frequently, however, at this point as has been mentioned, it's still undecided. 

• 2 weeks later...