Realistic ship mounting scheme.

gustavoultra

The fuselage of the ship shall be determined by the mechanics of the game. Buying and selling fuselage on the market or building a factory authorized. fuselages Scripts can also be obtained by an engineer. I do not want to see ugly ships in the game.

I'm sure, there will be a lot of things that affect how a ship operates, someone will figure it out and try to make it pretty, only to make it not work. As Twerk stated above, 'function over form', however...

...If you can swing it and make a good looking ship that works as well, I don't know why you wouldn't.

"

The fuselage of the ship shall be determined by the mechanics of the game. Buying and selling fuselage on the market or building a factory authorized. fuselages Scripts can also be obtained by an engineer. I do not want to see ugly ships in the game.

I think gustovultra's fear is that Dual Universe will be overrun by ugly ships. Be rest assured, gustovoultra: that will not happen. Perhaps when space travel is its infancy, we may see some ship builders build ugly ships that were made just for getting to space. But, as water flows under the bridge, most of them will improve both the aesthetics and functionalities of their ships. Feel free to find out more on the forums, though. There are plenty of ship builders around."

"A concerned prospective customer perhaps..."

That may describe who he or you are, but doesn't really qualify you to judge aesthetics. There are a lot of different ways to create ships, some might think simlpe geometric forms like spheres or cubes are the way to go, a borg maybe? Some people like symmetry and think asymmetric designs  are ugly, while others think exactly otherwise.

Just think about all those ships in scifi culture, some people like the andromeda, the enterprise, maybe the goa'uld pyramide ships, others like vessels like the lexx or the derelict from alien, there is a vast amount of possible shapes and there will be no one who finds each of those aesthetic, but at the same time there will be no design that no one likes.

Thus there is no person who should dare to judge designs (except for obvious things like dickbutts etc.) No matter how much of a concerned costumer you are.

That may describe who he or you are, but doesn't really qualify you to judge aesthetics. There are a lot of different ways to create ships, some might think simlpe geometric forms like spheres or cubes are the way to go, a borg maybe? Some people like symmetry and think asymmetric designs  are ugly, while others think exactly otherwise.

Just think about all those ships in scifi culture, some people like the andromeda, the enterprise, maybe the goa'uld pyramide ships, others like vessels like the lexx or the derelict from alien, there is a vast amount of possible shapes and there will be no one who finds each of those aesthetic, but at the same time there will be no design that no one likes.

Thus there is no person who should dare to judge designs (except for obvious things like dickbutts etc.) No matter how much of a concerned costumer you are.

"Well, aesthetics are judged personally and differ from individual to individual. I have no right to tell you this or that ship is ugly and thus, demand that you stop producing it. However, we have the right of freedom of expression (of opinion, in this case). If gustavoultra looks at that ship and says: "That's ugly.", it's his personal opinion. You or I may come along and say: "That's a beauty.", it's our individual personal opinion. It's one of the many reasons I support the fact that there should be a variety shipbuilders in Dual Universe. There are many brands of products (gadgets, vehicles, appliances) and a lot of people choose one over the other simply because the aesthetics of one repels them and they judge the other beautiful. Function has its importance and so does aesthetics. As long as gustavoultra doesn't insult of try to enforce his opinion on others, he's free to express his own opinion. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. "

"Well, aesthetics are judged personally and differ from individual to individual. I have no right to tell you this or that ship is ugly and thus, demand that you stop producing it. However, we have the right of freedom of expression (of opinion, in this case). If gustavoultra looks at that ship and says: "That's ugly.", it's his personal opinion. You or I may come along and say: "That's a beauty.", it's our individual personal opinion. It's one of the many reasons I support the fact that there should be a variety shipbuilders in Dual Universe. There are many brands of products (gadgets, vehicles, appliances) and a lot of people choose one over the other simply because the aesthetics of one repels them and they judge the other beautiful. Function has its importance and so does aesthetics. As long as gustavoultra doesn't insult of try to enforce his opinion on others, he's free to express his own opinion. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. "

well, what gustavoultra asked for /was/ a way to restrict what designs people build.

and that is definitely out of the jurisdiction of any player.

well, what gustavoultra asked for /was/ a way to restrict what designs people build.

The majestic flying donger shalt roam the space between spaces and bring the terror of our Lord and Savior, Buttdick, to the non-believer of the Donger God.

I liek turtles.

"

As long as gustavoultra doesn't insult of try to enforce his opinion on others, he's free to express his own opinion. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. 

Thank you.

"

I have no ability to build a beautiful ship. Example: I find it very difficult to build in Starmade game a beautiful ship. I want to buy a ready-made fuselage and modify it in "Dual Universe" game.

Im pretty sure players will sell empty fuselages as well.

And if not, buy an already working ship with functional components and modify it.

To this topic I would like to say that there will be a lot of nice and detailed ships because people love to show themselves (all those skins, pets, legendary weapons etc. in other MMOs) but it wouldn't be good just to ostricize anyone for having just a plain ugly ship. I like my creations simple, boxy, utilitarian and dark grey even if it means those might seem ugly to most others.

Don't worry it will be fun. ;-)

You'll see pretty ships that won't fly well though :P There are many artsy people who don't get things like Center of Mass :V

Function over form good sir, learn it :D

Oops I did it again.