Paint

The_War_Doctor

so I was thinking about this in one of the organization discords today. What is everyone thoughts on colors in the game. Are we going to just have a color wheel where we can change the color of different elements to make buildings, ships, and other constructs the color we want. or are we going to have to actually go out and find dyes and such to make actual paint.

thoughts?

idk if this has been mentioned....  I'v not seen it. I'v also don't believe any videos have shown anything on this. probably seems like a silly thought. but figured it could be discussed

just wondering whats everyone thought is far as what they think it will be and how they would like it to be

Honestly...

Just give me a color dial to choose from. Making dye, or even purchasing it from someone to use... ugh, no thanks. Though in all likelihood, it will more than likely end up being the latter.

Well, I think making dyes makes sense in other crafting games, but it seems archaic when we have a high tech Nanoformer that can manipulate matter into whatever form we want. It doesn't really add anything fun to the gameplay to have to go out and collect plants or minerals for dye.

From the trailer it seemed like color was defined by the material being used. When JC built the structure on the surface he was using copper so it came out brown and the station was probably made from a different metal. So it seems painting isn't a feature just yet.

Make flower collection a thing. Make dyes a thing. Make the market have a niche place for people who go out and harvest flowers. But let stickers to the possible cosmetic cash shop. If they don't add my Hello Gangsta in their gallery, I'll paint it painstakingly by hand, voxel by voxel.

Peace :V

I would like paint so now I can paint DUA on all of my ships so now during large ship battles we can all know who is who and prevent friendly fire.

How about... you know... more traditional methods like... IFFs.

I'd like it if when you crafted an Element you got to choose from a color wheel.  But then later if you wanted to change the color there was another recipe for paint that you would have to complete to be able to recolor the Element.

It's always good to have some kind of cost so people don't just change the color every five minutes.

Although some kind of adaptive skin on a ship that could change color at will like a chameleon would be pretty cool too.  But i guess that's more in the realm of cloaking technology then paint.

I'd like it if when you crafted an Element you got to choose from a color wheel.  But then later if you wanted to change the color there was another recipe for paint that you would have to complete to be able to recolor the Element.

It's always good to have some kind of cost so people don't just change the color every five minutes.

Although some kind of adaptive skin on a ship that could change color at will like a chameleon would be pretty cool too.  But i guess that's more in the realm of cloaking technology then paint.

Or, simply make a chemistry science tree with a particular plastic explosives section that can also manufacture paints. Why? Because paints, are flamable and if you were to be hit by lasers, it could act as a scorch pattern on your ship. :V

"I'm waiting for someone to spray paint a wall or ship with slang or graffiti painting. Perhaps, some street artists may find interest in the game. My vote is with the colour wheel. Buying paint is troublesome."

I would enjoy seeing customization paint in the game,
whether its a dye or not.

I want to be able to make things look uniform to an organisation, make things feel like they should go together and be as one. As well as this, it makes ship identifying easier, well, from a FoF perspective anyway and can lead to possible ambushes, etc. Using the colours of another org. 

A lot of things could open up with this, even if just for ships and not suits.