Gamescom Speculation

Cybrex

Alright, so with Gamescom coming up next week, what's everyone's thoughts on what Novaquark will be presenting? We know for sure they'll be releasing details about the upcoming kickstarter.

Hi everyone!

You will have more info about the Kickstarter during the Gamescom at Cologne (Germany) in August  :)

Btw, we will be there if you want to come and say Hello!  ;)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

A common rumor I have been seeing floating around is that they'll be showcasing just how their server tech can handle multiple players in one area. :D

Thoughts?

JC will probably demonstrate something that slam dunks critics on the server tech and the netcode's strength. Probably a playable demo for the media there to demonstrate the things we haven't seen yet, like how in-game physics handle gravity and such, maaaaaaaaybe a little combat demonstration.

JC will probably demonstrate something that slam dunks critics on the server tech and the netcode's strength. Probably a playable demo for the media there to demonstrate the things we haven't seen yet, like how in-game physics handle gravity and such, maaaaaaaaybe a little combat demonstration.

If we could get a combat demo... Mmmmm, my jimmies are just rustled (in a good way) at that very thought.

If we could get a combat demo... Mmmmm, my jimmies are just rustled (in a good way) at that very thought.

I don't expect anything flashy though. Like, simple demonstration of how they want to implement the construct to construct PvP mechanics, or my theory on how they may implement the spotlighting active lock-on with the interface shown on the single seater spacecraft and its target reticle in the middle. Could be interesting though. If they show something beyond that, the Hype Train will transform to a Bullet Hype Train.

I have nothing constructive to add oustide of agreement with what has already been said in this tread. If what they show is a small growth of what we have already seen in the other videos it will most certainly spark hype in those who know nothing about Dual. If they show more, like combat (even in the simplest form) there is no doubt we are going to see a huge rush of people to the forums to sign up.

The more information, the better. I am trying to work with members of COPS to adapt to new information we get from Novaquark in making this process as streamlined as possible. Exciting stuff to say the least!

IMHO I honestly think the combat is not going to happen yet, they are probably still just focusing on getting the elements in there, look at the video they released with him going to the space station, everything you would need to show combat, was placeholders for the real thing.  so hopefully showing more on building,. and showing those are working customization screens would be cool.  Don't get me wrong I would love to see some combat footage, i just think its a bit to early for them to have it in yet.

IMHO I honestly think the combat is not going to happen yet, they are probably still just focusing on getting the elements in there, look at the video they released with him going to the space station, everything you would need to show combat, was placeholders for the real thing.  so hopefully showing more on building,. and showing those are working customization screens would be cool.  Don't get me wrong I would love to see some combat footage, i just think its a bit to early for them to have it in yet.

I would love to see the ships UI (the customization screens). I love glowing HUD's in games  but I would love more if they had a function in games, and I would lose my mind if we have functional glowing HUD's that we can customize.

I love the ship displays in star citizen, but being able to customize those would bring it up another level.

I'm hoping for them to show some more plans on anything, but if i had to say anything specific i would say information on the mining of resources and buildings would be nice. I'm curious as to what a factory producing everything will look like since that'll facilitate any combat. Can't shoot someone if you don't have the bullets or tanks for it ;).

I'm hoping for them to show some more plans on anything, but if i had to say anything specific i would say information on the mining of resources and buildings would be nice. I'm curious as to what a factory producing everything will look like since that'll facilitate any combat. Can't shoot someone if you don't have the bullets or tanks for it ;).

Hmmm, maybe. I know JC mentioned doing shorter videos that focused on resource gathering/ship building etc. So i'm not so sure they would make that a reveal at Gamescom. But maybe! :D

No doubt any teaser for the game will generate about 100 new threads about why p2p is bad.... In all seriousness though, I'm getting ready to get hyped, though I don't really think it would be good for them to get too many people hyped about the game this early in the development, ideally we want hype to build up to the release and not people getting exited and then moving on when they realize how far away the game is.