For Pre-Alpha testers only: Saturday 30th Sept - FAQ

NQ-Nyzaltar

Hi everyone,

• The email with the link to download the client will be sent as soon as possible.
    We will keep you informed on this topic. We know you are all eager to test the game.
    We apologize for the delay.

• If you are worried about whether or not your account is set for the Pre-Alpha, here are the three possible situations:

1. If your gold backer status (or above) isn't displayed on your profile page on the community portal: 
    This means you are a Kickstarter backer and you might have forgot to fill the Kickstarter survey form or something went wrong with the information you gave in the survey. If you are in this case, please contact the support and state your email address linked to your Dual Universe account and  that your backer status isn't displayed on your profile page on the Community Portal. You can join the support here:
    https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us

2. If your gold backer status (or above) is displayed on your profile page on the community portal, but not on the forum:
    Your account is already set to download the client. However, you don't have access to the Pre-Alpha forum section yet.
    This means you have to log at least once on the forum, or sign off / sign in again. After that, you will have to wait the next update transferring eligible accounts from the group "Member" to the group "Pre-Alpha tester". We will run several updates today to leave nobody behind, but you will probably have to wait a bit.

3. If your gold backer status (or above) is displayed on your profile page on the community portal and on the forum:
    Your account is all set. You should be able to download the client, as well as having access to the Pre-Alpha forum section (if you have logged on the forum before this topic has been posted.)

• Reminder: this is a Pre-Alpha. See it as a preliminary test for massively multiplayer interaction (first time with potentially more than 2,500 players) and not as a representative final game experience yet. There is a high chance that no progress will be saved and Blueprint mechanics are deactivated for the time being as they are being reworked. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

The Novaquark team.

Just now, CommanderLouiz said:

It's not technically delayed yet. They never said when, just "soon".

Well, I don't think we will get a download in the next 15 minutes.
Of course, NQ should take all the time they need, but I'd like to hear some specific information

I doubt they would give specific information as to the issue. It does them no real good and there is little we can do other then speculate on it idly. I would imagine at best we might hear "We had some issues with client/server/internet/other, but managed to fix it."

Just now, LurkNautili said:

It is technically delayed, actually, since they did say when.

But no big deal, really, these things are expected to happen. Try not to stress too much about it, NQ team.

It's still tomorrow morning, and it still will be for a period of time after the start ;)

1 minute ago, CommanderLouiz said:

It's still tomorrow morning, and it still will be for a period of time after the start ;)

I'm pretty sure French timezone was implied.

But like I said, I'm not too fussed about it personally -- so long as the game gets made eventually.