Civilian, Ecosphere and Infrastructure damage limitation pact

"Vulture Corp really is interested in maintaining order. I would second the idea, but I share the same apprehensions as the people above. A giant police force would be an Utopian dream or a totalitarian disaster. Who are the people going to be in charge of this massive force? Who are the people that are going to replace them? How well can the top positions be secured from spies of multiple alliances and organisations? Will politics, favours and blackmail hinder its operations? I want some form of order in this Dual Universe, even if chaos means fun. A little order won't hurt anyone much. However, I don't want another kind of ****ed Nat**** scenario where the officiating body is financed, run and hampered by its largest sponsors and powerful members. Do you have any set plan in mind to handle most of these challenges? If you do, I'll be interested in learning more.

As for Alioth and/or its systems being neutral territory:

That's the best answer so far. People will mess up and cause wars. That's why there are alliances. If any small organisation is afraid of being bullied, join a large alliance , wait for a few weeks/months after launch before you start playing, or find another way to secure yourself. In the long run, a group of alliances, may enforce a "No Fire" kind of zone in Alioth or its system, but for the first few weeks and months, it might be macabre for some people."

We already have a fair sized fleet - military police force - we will help assist in enforcing the accord if at all necessary. 

I propose that a pact is formed between groups of all types whereby we agree to minimise damage to infrastructure, ecosphere and civilians in any form of conflict, and to seek to limit strip mining of habitable planets.

This would include a ban on (and an agreement to oppose including with force) superweapons capable of destroying large areas or entite continents or planets.

A ban on weapons which litter an area with indiscriminate killing objects, including mines of all types.

A limit on mining on planets which are very habitable by humans.

A ban on city bombardments where civilians are present, and a ban on destroying infrastructure such as space elevators and other public travel methods.

These are just a few ideas that I have to help maintain peace and prevent damage to green worlds and their inhabitants.

If anyone would like to add anything else or sign up to discuss the pact, please do comment.

The ACS will endorse the accord, and if necessary, will help enforce it as well. 

The ACS will endorse the accord, and if necessary, will help enforce it as well. 

• 2 months later...

Well, the rules would be enforced by fleets drawn from pact members, and would target military and governmental assets only. If the rebels could defeat the death star (twice) then so can we.

You are forgetting we've all seen star was and no one will be dumb enough to leave such an obvious method of destruction present in their superweapon. I, for one, will be venting all of the exhaust out of my engines. Because which one of you is actually going to fly into my engine exhaust?