Worried about my email

Rick720

Hi everyone! I am just wondering if there is something wrong with my email because I have yet to see any email from Dual Universe and I have bought the gold founders package. Does anyone know if they just haven't been sending emails or if I should email them and possibly change my email

Thank you everyone!

I'll ride on this to ask a small question (my apologies if it was already asked and answered) : what is the size of the pre-alpha client ? With the mail sent so late I'm a bit worried I will not be able to download it in time (Welcome to the france countryside, with a magnificient 130kB/s download speed :3)

@Ishamael:

The client is downloaded in a compressed format by the installer.

The file size should be around 2 GB. Then the installer will decompress the game in the specified game folder and the client, once fully installed, should be under 8 GB. The required 40 GB is a - comfortable - margin for the game cache and also crashdumps for bug reports.

Edit: "Go" replaced by "GB" ;)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar 

30 minutes ago, Zeal_Iskander said:

Yeah but he probably meant 16 Gb, not 2 Gb. 

The client is more or less 2 Go (Gigaoctets) = 2 GB (Gigabytes) = 16 Gb (Gigabits).

P.S: Go/GB has been fixed in my previous message. Thanks for reporting the typo :)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

10 minutes ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

The client is more or less 2 Go (Gigaoctets) = 2 GB (Gigabytes) = 16 Gb (Gigabits).

P.S: Go/GB has been fixed in my previous message. Thanks for reporting the typo :)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

In France, French Canada and Romania, octet is used in common language instead of byte when the 8-bit sense is required, for example, a megabyte (MB) is termed a megaoctet (Mo).

less than 7 hours to go and no client yet, I want to get some sleep cause im gonna be up all night cause it starts at 11pm here and its 4:28pm was gonna have early dinner then have a nap, but cause there is no download yet, and it could take a couple of hours to download, they leaving not much time, with 2000 people downloading the same file at the same time its going to be very slow to download the client in time for the alpha

2 hours ago, Agis_McKracken said:

less than 7 hours to go and no client yet, I want to get some sleep cause im gonna be up all night cause it starts at 11pm here and its 4:28pm was gonna have early dinner then have a nap, but cause there is no download yet, and it could take a couple of hours to download, they leaving not much time, with 2000 people downloading the same file at the same time its going to be very slow to download the client in time for the alpha

Whats your speed that download few gigs takes few hours? 

5 minutes ago, Agis_McKracken said:

My speed is no problem for ~2GB,  its the fact that 2000-2500 people will be simultanously downloading the client, so could be hours of slow congestion

and theres just over 4 hours to launch time.

I'm also getting nervous.