Backer count

TheBlender

So... I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but over the last couple of weeks (while the founder packs have been closed) the number of backers have shifted from 10,219 to 10,217 

Has anything been announced regarding this? Are these credit payments that didn't go through, family accounts, change is participating staff? 

6 minutes ago, yamisniper said:

Or couple of people got refunds

that makes more sense. From how enthusiastic the ATV crowd is, I'm pretty sure everyone is being extremely careful NDA wise as to not risk losing their access.

5 minutes ago, yamamushi said:

If you had problems come up with your payment, family issues, inability to pay, whatever, would you really want that announced to the whole world? (Even if they're not calling you out by name). 

Exactly.  The circumstances between backing and a member is entirely between NQ and said backer.  I don't think we need to know the scoop on this one.

1 hour ago, yamamushi said:

If you had problems come up with your payment, family issues, inability to pay, whatever, would you really want that announced to the whole world? (Even if they're not calling you out by name). 

Well the issue was that there was an increase and sudden decrease in the number of backers, during a period of time when the founder packs were closed (supposedly) . Yeah, from a company claiming transparency I think a general comment on what is going on isn't out of line or asking for personal information.

One staff member could simply say there were two founders who were promised ability to receive access and no longer desired or qualified to access. 

They could even be more vague than that if they desired. Or it could have been a simple glitch. 

No comment at all regarding a change in founder count during a period it was closed is a bit weird. I should have taken screens but I didn't think anything of it until it decreased. 

1 hour ago, TheBlender said:

Well the issue was that there was an increase and sudden decrease in the number of backers, during a period of time when the founder packs were closed (supposedly) . Yeah, from a company claiming transparency I think a general comment on what is going on isn't out of line or asking for personal information.

Whoa there, I don't know where you've been for the past several years, but NQ has done more than spectacularly on the openness and transparency front. If you think that them having to describe the personal situations of people who may have had issues with their pledges is what is going to define their transparency, I think you're sadly mistaken here. 

there is a discussion about a change of two? Really?? It could be anything from a credit card being over limit to someone being over budget, a Xsolla error, or a dozen other choices that come to mind. Two is not shocking, if you were talking 200 then there would be something to discuss. As it is well within any industries variance statistics.

Let's discuss something important like when we can expect the link to download DU  :)

2 hours ago, yamamushi said:

Whoa there, I don't know where you've been for the past several years, but NQ has done more than spectacularly on the openness and transparency front. If you think that them having to describe the personal situations of people who may have had issues with their pledges is what is going to define their transparency, I think you're sadly mistaken here. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as though they weren't. Not my intentions. I'm the small details kind of guy, and I'm usually surfing the site via my mobile, which forces me to the landing page when I first open the browser. And so, I noticed the count changing. Wondered what was up.

I won't make anything more of it though.

11 hours ago, TheBlender said:

One staff member could simply say there were two founders who were promised ability to receive access and no longer desired or qualified to access. 

They could even be more vague than that if they desired. Or it could have been a simple glitch. 

why should they? what for? people change their mind - so what.

As I said: focus on how to improve PR of DU and spread the word - not think about people who left (2!!!!! WE're talking about 2 people ffs lol)

to put perspective on this (for the numbers people amongst us :P )

The backer count decreased by 0.01957%

More interestingly, what was the amount they took with them /s

Seriously though.. with nearly €850K from backers it's irrelevant really.

the fact they updated the numbers in itself is more than enough with regards to NQ being transparent.

• 4 weeks later...