So.. How did it go this weekend

blazemonger

5 hours ago, TheAtlasWarrior said:

2 questions, first, what times will the servers be up for Alpha testing? (in US EST time) and 2nd, why does it say "Redacted" in the middle of the sentences of some of the replies in this thread? 

You can find all info regarding pre-alpha tests here : 

The "redacted" messages are just auto-censure due to NDA. We cannot share any info regarding last test.

Regards,

Shadow

13 hours ago, ATMLVE said:

Pre-alpha window is this Saturday, the 30th, from 9am to 6pm US EST.

As for redacted, well Novaquark didn't think ATV could keep their mouths shut I guess, so they created an AI that automatically removes all info and details about the game from posts.

Interesting, well at least I can test the pre-alpha at any time during the day.

8 hours ago, Shadow said:

You can find all info regarding pre-alpha tests here : 

The "redacted" messages are just auto-censure due to NDA. We cannot share any info regarding last test.

Regards,

Shadow

Thank you for clarifying, hopefully everything went well with the ATV test.

Regards,

Atlas

Well.. the thing is, we are on board of Arkship still, whatever happened last weekend was just a simulation so... AI put us back to sleep and we remember... nothing! :P

Wait did it actually happened? :huh:

English (Translator used)

That with the NDA I can accept. What I do not like so well is that NQ does not write to the first test.
For example, you could say how many players have participated in the test, whether the test was as expected, or if further tests were useful on a small scale, or or.

German (original)

Das mit der NDA kann ich akzeptieren. Was ich aber nicht so gut finde ist, dass NQ nichts zu dem ersten Test schreibt.
Sie könnten zum Beispiel sagen wie viele Spieler mitgemacht haben oder ob der Test erwartungsgemäß war oder noch weitere Tests im kleinen Rahmen sinnvoll wären oder oder oder.

Die Waldfee

2 hours ago, huschhusch said:
English (Translator used)

That with the NDA I can accept. What I do not like so well is that NQ does not write to the first test.
For example, you could say how many players have participated in the test, whether the test was as expected, or if further tests were useful on a small scale, or or.

They posted updates how the server went tho...

https://twitter.com/dualuniverse?lang=en

English (Google Übersetzer)

Hello Lethys,
your argument always reminds me of my wife.

But maybe you can tell me how silence ensures the run-time security of a program?

As I said, one does not have to disclose any error that is bad for the image or can lead to speculation.
If, however, nothing is reported, it will always lead to speculation!

German (original)

Hallo Lethys,
deine Argumentation erinnert mich immer an meine Frau.

Aber vielleicht kannst Du mir erklären, wie Schweigen die Ablaufsicherheit eines Programms gewährleistet ?

Wie gesagt, man muß nicht jeden Fehler bekannt geben, dass ist schlecht für das Image oder kann zu Spekulationen führen.
Wenn aber Garnichts berichtet wird, wird es immer zu Spekulationen führen!

Die Waldfee

1 minute ago, huschhusch said:

Hello Lethys,

But maybe you can tell me how silence ensures the run-time security of a program?

As I said, one does not have to disclose any error that is bad for the image or can lead to speculation.

There's a NDA in place for us ATV and for every gold+ backer. Period. NQ decides what information they give out, not we as customers.

They have plenty to do now after the ATV test and they have to make sure that everything runs well on saturday - they possibly don't have much time to just write a report for anyone because of the workload.

So maybe people could just chill a little bit and wait if they announce anything AFTER the gold+ backer test.

I really don't know if people noticed but this test on 30th was announced - NO further test. So we get to play on saturday and then we have to wait for the next announcement anyway - and I just make an educated guess here: they will announce the next test plus a short report on how the gold+ backer test went. That's ofc only speculation on my part, but who knows.

I know that everyone is eager and everyone wants information and all go crazy atm BUT please people remember:

- once you participated on the test on 30th of september you're under NDA and you CAN'T talk about that to anyone

- give them time: they try their best to make this happen. bombarding them with PMs/questions/wishes on the forum doesn't help them achieving this - it makes things worse

- think about them and their workload atm - and maybe rethink if you really help them now when you want to know certain things or if you can wait for that piece of info a week or two

Hello Lethys,
a very nice explanation!

It is also less about me, I can wait the 3 days.
It's about the 7,000 backers who are not at the Pre-Alpha. NQ has communications managers whose task is certainly not programming.
Therefore, I hope you are right and appropriate information will benefit all Players.

German (original)

Hallo Lethys,
eine sehr schöne Erklärung!

Es geht auch weniger um mich, ich kann die 3 Tage abwarten.
Es geht um die etwa 7.000 Backer die eben nicht bei der Pre-Alpha dabei sind. NQ hat Kommunikationsmanager deren Aufgabe mit Sicherheit nicht die Programmierung ist.
Daher hoffe ich Du hast Recht und entsprechende Informationen kommen allen Spielern zugute.

Die Waldfee

7 hours ago, huschhusch said:

Hello Lethys,

I doubt the alpha phases will change how NQ addresses the community.  I imagine they will continue to come out with monthly dev diaries.  Which is what we have been content with for quite some time now.  It's entirely possible they will give out little reports of each test as stated by other users... but we just don't know ^^