Dual Universe Lexikon

Am I the only one who think in the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?

I love H2G2 but what do you see about it in my post ?

The Dual Universe Radio Network is still going ! Keep your ears open for it.

Also, my little scrapbook remains open to all.

Greetings, fellow explorers, builders and settlers !

DUAL UNIVERSE SLEEPERS is a fansite presenting daily infos on your favorite game, along with (soon to come) fan productions such as an illustrated timeline and themed wallpapers.

When the game goes live, D.U.S. will also form an informal network of observers within the galaxy, bent on collecting and recording knowledge and history. You can even join it right away without leaving any organization you already belong to.

When I read it, I automatically think in The Guide corporation having their "researchers" like Ford Prefect getting info from differents planets and species and iIdentifying themselves as researchers of The Guide. And the way I understood your post I think you will provide similar content to the guide

The brilliant GDC pitch episode and the following IGN interview put Dual Universe into an even more public light. To this reniewed exposition, we owe the "hateful" comments on the IGN Youtube video page: the visibility upgrade attracted more, new viewers, each with his preconceptions on game development, hence the abrupt fallacies about P2P model, NMS-AntiHype or Space Engineer Looking-Alike.

Again.

Novaquark and the DU community already won the first crowd. Hell, we ARE the first crowd. It is up to us to win - and not fight - this crowd too.

Also: "A Thousand Deaths For Murray". Really.

Every time I catch myself - or others - thinking: "Wow, so quiet, much uneventful, very boring, can't wait for alphaaaa !", I remind myself of the Novaquark guys, frantically crunching under the deadlines every man-hour they can squeeze out of their day.

I bet they cannot wait either.

Some tools have been set up recently, namely Lord Void's stats mapping and Diverse Unified Accord's page hosting: should they flourish, these initiatives could prove unvaluably useful once game goes gold.

Please keep checking DUSleepers for more wall-scribbling and shower-thoughts.

Just wanted to drop in and say I love reading DUSleepers when I have a spare moment! Always lots of good stuff to dig into.

Been following your site since day one Peregrin, content is good!

^ You're doing good work here.  :D 

Thanks guys !

And you know what the best part is ? This is all NQ and us. Our thing. I'm just laying the footnotes, here.

Though, the site could use some work.  :D

I know, I confess it's a cheap hosting and tool, and it's ugly, but I feel... unmotivated to invest time and money in fancy wallpapering. It went from "Meh, good enough for starters..." to "Meh, I'll do it later..." to "Meh, I'll be using the community hosting anyway...".

I need to find how to kill those huge gaps in endpages, though.

EDIT: Those pesky infinipages are history.

I like this project. Have been looking in on your page a little now and then for some time. 

I hope there's more to read in the future :^)

I hope there's more to read in the future :^)

There definitely will be, since I'm writing all of it as it goes.

Once beta goes live, however, the Sleepers  will awake and my work will morph accordingly, probably into a diary.

So someone on Discord expressed his opinion that Dual Universe has yet no history and that "true history" will begin after game goes live.

I beg to differ.

As far as the game is concerned, "history" started when J.C. began musing with the idea of a server technology able to sustain a single-shard editable world, back in 2011. As far as we players are concerned, "history" is right now. We're living it. It has already started.

That person probably - and rightly so - meant that recording current "history" was kind of irrelevant, since few of what we see today (projects, organizations, hierarchies, roosters, blueprints and so on) will endure the harsh reality of actually having to do stuff to happen ingame.

This is all a dream for now (the term "Sleepers" was not choosen randomly by your humble chronicler, mind you).

However, when you wake up after a vivid dream, though most of it is gone the moment you open your eyes, some of it remains: fuzzy yet marking oniric memories, that might shape your day...

... or even inspire the rest of your whole life.

So, is this the beginning of what will become Sleeper University? 

I originally planned to set up an organization, some sort of network of observers. However, it seems unnecessary and time-consuming for now: what I WILL do is prowl the Dual Universe with my eyes wide open, a full pen and a large notebook right at hand, laying my observations upon any available canvas (the future official in-the-works community site, for starters, but Lord Void's Historical Society and Alpha Academy also come to mind).

This just came to my mind reading the last post.

Nice song ! I didn't know Green Day, actually.

I would love to be part of this chronicling. I often do stuff like this for fun, thought I'm not sure if I'll be too busy building ships!

There isn't much to it: just keep your eyes and ears open, both IG and IRL, write it down with a date and send it to me, even if it's "too late": this is not an "exclusive news report" but a "let's not forget it happened" thing; also check the Historical Society and the Alpha Academy for similar-minded-yet-larger-scoped initiatives. Sleepers is just me.

This looks interesting.

I'm sure there'll be some player-run, interplanetary news organization that could keep info like this up to date for the public. Until then, I'll try to manage.

Keep you ears open for the Dual Universe Radio Network project, as well as Cinderfall TV, Dual Universe Explorer's livestream and TVR's News & Discussion.

So I wrote a topic on TU leaving CSyn, and got some - deserved - flak for posting up a TU quote but not a CSyn one. This was a mistake, for two reasons.

One: it is indeed unfair, in case of conflict, to give more "speech time" to a party than the other; I have no bias myself about this affair, it just happened that TU got in touch with me and not CSyn at the time, but I should have known better.

Two: quotes are for news articles; they do shed light on a situation but in such case, they are beyond the scope of my initiative, which is - as I made amply clear on several occasions - recording history and NOT writing newsfeeds.

So from now on, I will not be posting up any quotes anymore - though I will add Astrophil's comment on that TU/CSyn topic, it's the least I can do.

I will however keep looking for inside comments on any given situation, but only as personal insight-gathering.

Also: it looks like this Sleeper will get an early wake-up call ! Big thanks to Novaquark and the CMs for adding me to the Vanguard Alpha Team, this is a much-appreciated validation.

Also: it looks like this Sleeper will get an early wake-up call ! Big thanks to Novaquark and the CMs for adding me to the Vanguard Alpha Team, this is a much-appreciated validation.

Thumbs up for this.