Dual Universe Lexikon

Organizations' descriptions in the "Records" section of the Sleepers' website are being rewritten to incorporate their respective notable evolutions.

Two of them (Hammertime and C.O.P.S.) are labeled as "disbanded", but will remain in the Records, as they exist still in another form or as a piece of the game's history.

This is "slow days" for everybody, it seems, and Sleepers lie in wait. Time ticks by in the cold chambers as they dream vividly.

Though it looks like the ice will thaw a tad on the forum soon, we're back on the weekly heads-up for now.

The Sleepers website is progressively mutating into its originally-intendend shape, from "One-Topic-A-Day" to "Marking Event Logs"; you may not find daily topics anymore, but the daily attention remains and every noted progress in the game's life, both in and out, will be recorded.

Format is still a bit iffy, working on that...

You are gladfully invited to point any event, recent or old, that you may find missing !

Just a reminder: Sleepers are not newsmen, they're chroniclers; they do not announce, they record.

Dual Universe is getting more exposition every day !

Remember fan fiction contest will fuel the community lore, please keep the texts coming.

Also keep checking the Sleepers website from time to time for new topics, logs and records.

The Long Road is hitting us hard, but this is not a surprise. Patience is the key.

Novawrimo is due soon, just don't... forget. Go write, go read. We need it to build our world: these dreams are the only clay we have on our hands for now.

D.U.'s crowdfunding has gone over the 600k € mark. The Construct vs Construct stretch goal is getting near...

Novawrimo community poll for best novel is still pending, let's keep the votes coming, as we wait for the official jury's implacable judgement.

(No, not really, I'm sure they love us all.)

The swing of things is going slow but we nevertheless have things to do: CinSyn will soon close the polls on their creativity contest and we have a couple weeks left before Novawrimo community award is due...

... and after more than 15 days, we still have a tie ! Let's get this sorted out for good, shall we ? I suggest a flint pistol duel at dawn.

The swing of things is going slow but we nevertheless have things to do: CinSyn will soon close the polls on their creativity contest and we have a couple weeks left before Novawrimo community award is due...

... and after more than 15 days, we still have a tie ! Let's get this sorted out for good, shall we ? I suggest a flint pistol duel at dawn.

Pistol -check

Dawn - check

Grim face - check

Only Ammunition for 1 salvo - check

Forgot to turn on hardeners - check

No nanite repair paste - check

Weapon damaged - check

Undergarments - whoops....sorry can't do

Someone's been playing with our hearts by maintaining a status-quo between our two community award leaders. I understand it is customary to suspect Cybrex's alternate identities whenever such socially-challenging issues arise over here ?

D.U. Sleepers is still going, please come and see how from time to time.

Several events recording and diffusion initiatives have been sprouting up lately: I'll be following and participating with great interest.

This consequently made me put aside my own ideas of setting up a similar network for now: best to leave it to the more able; it also reminded me that D.U. Sleepers is only a temporary project: after all, once we awake to the Dual Universe, we will not be sleeping anymore...

... And then, anything might happen.

Not the only one waiting to see how the universe evolves Peregrin, know a lot of us are looking forward to seeing, watching, and participating in the stories that spring forth from the primordial soup at release. It shal indeed be worth watching.

Dual Universe's growing popularity brings us new members, new ideas and new problems, mainly bots on the Discord and some silly, silly troll issues.

Nevermind, it all comes with the territory.

The procedurally-generated, theorically-infinite, fully-editable, galaxy-wide territory.

Time passing and fame rising, organizations start to multiply promotional material in hope of gathering new members and fidelizing old ones.

This is quite interesting to behold, as most of those are good work.

On a more personal (and less-than-neutral) note, though, I'm eager to see how all those supreme rulers with their orderly flock and ambitious doctrines will fare once we get to dip our ankles in the grease pit.

I sincerely wish them all the best.

Time passing and fame rising, organizations start to multiply promotional material in hope of gathering new members and fidelizing old ones.

This is quite interesting to behold, as most of those are good work.

On a more personal (and less-than-neutral) note, though, I'm eager to see how all those supreme rulers with their orderly flock and ambitious doctrines will fare once we get to dip our ankles in the grease pit.

I sincerely wish them all the best.

Sure I speak for quite a few people when I say we are "ALL" looking forward to it. . .

and if you need any help, I will be happy to help

I'm always happy to get any bits of news and ideas from Pioneers and organizations to highlight on the DUSleepers website: anything will do until we get to witness the ingame emergence...

... speaking of which:

As I do every once in a while, I recently contacted various organizations to learn of their evolution. I got two kinds of answers:

1. "We got lots to do before alpha starts."

2. "Not much stuff to do until alpha starts."

Interesting dichotomy.

Don't forget to check Dual Universe Sleepers form time to time !

You may have noticed that some organizations didn't get an "Evolution" topic: that's just because they actually didn't have any (notable) evolution.

Or they didn't answer.

On a sidenote, I advise you participate into Yama's Dual Universe Radio Network project. It's solid.

You are doing a great job keeping all the information in one place, easy to see and keep up to date. Keep it up!

Only an addition to your first post: Am I the only one who think in the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?