Dual Universe Lexikon

Lexikon is open for visits, with 27 books currently available for reading (on demand, since I'm having technical difficulties displaying them all at once); come discover "The Riddle of Kyrium", "Mutations and Directions", "The First Days", "No Territory for Old Men" and more !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The art gallery, now named "Eikona", has been built then rebuilt because why not.

In the aftermath of this clumsy, dumby-clumsy 0.23, Lexikon is currently enjoying an average weekly number of visitors of 0.0 (zero dot zero).

It doesn't matter. It remains here and so do I.

18 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

I would loooove a virtual tour of Eikona!!!! (I'm obsessed with art galleries.)

By all means, please do: connect to Surrogate Pod "Lexikon", elevator down to platform level, leave through the hangar, go in the building on your left (west).

I just might set a Pod right there someday...

• 3 weeks later...

Streamer Shamsie paid Lexikon a kind visit and he sounded quite enthusiastic; I'll be working on a Lexikon outpost at his Grand Bazaar project and since he's a storyteller, maybe we'll write a text together, so thank you again for this, good Sir.

I'm also working on another outpost, located at the French Village on Sanctuary under Sunrider's direction.

• 1 month later...

If you ever find time, visit the Grand Bazaar, built by Briggenti; it's not done yet but highly promising and if you'd tolerate me blowing my own bugle here, I'd say the Lexikon library outpost adds a nice touch to the whole affair.

Thank you to Shayne who sold me one of his statues for the Agalma garden.

• 4 weeks later...

I've written a new piece, available for reading at Lexikon's central library on the first floor.

It's called "Jean-Christophe Baillie: A Vision Challenged".

You'll find there what it says on the cover: it's more focused on the man than the game or the business, and it's not designed as a "shock-piece" but as a (hopefully informed) personal view; comments are welcome

Also, reminder that dusleepers is still kinda a thing, I use it as a "sample" of what you'll find ingame at Lexikon.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Novaquark,

If only you had a solid playerbase. If only you had a functionning beta game with a budding economy and a satisfyingly-growing  game loop. Then you could afford to act with such corporate arrogance and casual disregard for the community that has been supporting you for almost 6 years.

But as the guys who pledged us "total transparency" back in 2016 and are painfully toiling today on a stumbling prototype supposed to deserve our business, you can't chalk it all up to us being unruly peasants that do not need to know of their lords' decisions and I bet your investors get no such "rules are rules" or "let-them-know-in-due-time" contempt in the board room.

Still... I have faith something good may yet emerge from all your hard work and feel JC taking the back seat in favor of a businessman could prove beneficial in the end. I just wish you wouldnt' be... like this.

Live or die, it all makes for a nice story anyway. See you in Lexikon, I need to rewrite the "Vision Challenged"'s ending now.

• 4 weeks later...

Abilton seems to really really like Lexikon, and I thank him again for all his support.

Work is ongoing over here: gardening the books, trimming the shelves... I am trying a new format of marquee scrolling for the oldest archives; only the newest texts are exposed on the click-on-screen consoles.

Still looking for stories, articles, chronologies, essays to add to my, to our collection.

• 1 month later...

After 5 years of dutiful service, DUSleepers will go down in a couple of months, mostly because I don't see why a beginner low-storage .fr domain package should quadruple in yearly cost over this time.

Like, no. We'll find another way.

Two new books in the library since last time, both in français though. Enjoy the Hoo-la-las.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I came to realize I am more of a NPC in Dual Universe; so "stay a while and listen !", I guess ?

DUSleepers has been put to... well, to sleep for good and I mourn the loss of my entry position within the community back in 2016.

More texts will be added soon to the Grand Bazaar's library, at Briggenti's request. Go check the place, it has an amphitheater !

• 5 weeks later...

The Lodestar vs Legion bisbilles add some more ink & paper to Lexikon. These proud space fighters add fluff. They're fluffers. Fluffers are the lesser-known, out-of-screen, hard-working, little hands of the industry. Witness them as they add consistence to the towering ensemble.

Now, come read.

• 1 month later...

What can I say ? I like the way things are going now, it makes me more (prudently) confident in DU's future; the fact that it took the removal of their key visionary figure still brings a slight smile to my face.

Kurock wrote a piece, TicTaq Jim made a... a thing. Come see both.

• 1 month later...

Missed this little nugget last month:

image.thumb.png.883fccac3043a8c80d84648abdf9ed02.png

No, NQ. You did not announce that. You let us discover by ourselves, then you let us fret and ponder and worry for FIVE DAYS and only then, faced with such turmoil, did you "announce" about JC stepping down, without even mentioning N. Granatino himself.

Your finger is firmly stuck in the painful gears of early access. You're facing its dichotomy every step you make and your customers must endure the consequences. Stop acting like you got this.

However, I'm not one to partake in the mad whispers of the echo chamber. I still believe in Dual Universe and Novaquark. You got this, kinda.

No recent additions to Lexikon but the place still stands. Come and have a seat.

• 1 month later...

So this "Panacea Remedy" to the "Demeter Cancer" has a little Münchhausen-by-proxy ring to it but at least it shows NQ do listen to their community if the wheels squeak hard enough.

Slow period these days months but the pages turn and the ink flows nonetheless.

• 1 month later...

We have a new text: a description of the Beta state of the game, a nice synthetic piece by Koriandah.

Things go on, pages flip, ink flows and dries.

My now-defunct DUSleepers website has apparently been... huh... reanimated into a scambot for Fifa stuff.

Such foul Netomancy there ! Let the dead lie in peace for they, at last, have left this sorry world.

Out of precaution, I edited out all the links from this thread's first page but I have put many of those afterwards: don't click them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll actually be quite happy if they wipe. A good occasion to revisit FTUE, re-settle and then rebuild Lexikon: new place, new style, new layout, new materials, new formats...

But I also understand my phlegm is in proportion to the little investment I have in the game proper: no territory holding, no industry, no pvp, no org politics... I'm quite the hermit.

And NQ have been soooo bad at making decisions and communicating about them since Beta started !

Still.

Man the ranks, hold the line, keep the banners up, Noveans. Our universe will come to be.

• 1 month later...

The Easter Eggs, however trivial some may find them, have entered the library !

Only now, after two years, do I realize I could have changed this forum thread's name when "Sleepers" switched to "Lexikon" back in Sept. 2020

(... though the wipe-no-wipe may imply that Beta was not "the real thing" after all but another dream trance, rendering the whole "we woke up" thing incorrect, with all the consequential porte-à-faux for the game's lore but let's not get into that just yet shall we okay good)

"This too shall pass."

• Peregrin changed the title to Dual Universe Lexikon
  • 1 month later...

The more we progress into building our civilization, the more we realize we're building Aphelia's civilization.

The more Novaquark tell us this game is a sandbox, the more we understand they'd rather run it as a theme park.

Have I been chronicling for 6 years now the growth of a beautiful child, only to see their parents slowly smother them in fear of seeing them become an adult ?!

• 4 weeks later...

The collective sigh rolled on the plain like a warm afternoon breeze, rustling the grass blades in its slow wake. Somewhere in the distance, cries of anger echoed faintly but didn't last: after all, it was mostly how we always knew it would be.

At last, our hands soon empty, our lands untamed, our past time already behind us, we had no other way to look but forward.

This too, it would seem once more, shall pass.

• 1 month later...