BOts SCammers

Ares Splinter

There are big problems with bots in other games
and thinking of solving these bots / spammers, Free acount should not be able to use the same general as payers players so you should click on the channel if you want to talk to these newbies free acount so you do not get this problem with being bombed with sack of dac other stuff ig ..
separate free acount vs payee accounts,
channel for player paying and for those who do not pay ..

What would they spam, or bot? Nothing worthwhile can really be automated in the game, the devs are making sure of that.

As for spamming, not sure what would be spammed, but everything either breaks the rules, or doesn't and is therefore probably not going to harm many people. 

I'd say, for now, in regards to letting people trial the game for free, that you shouldn't be worried right now.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:47 PM, Lethys said:

So I can't see the problem. It's not a problem in eve

the problem in eve is that people use bots on paid accounts and those people are not banned until some petitions submitted against them or until they use RMT too much. The main problem in such games is that if developers do not ban most of them on early stages - this may hurt economy of the game.

1 minute ago, Miamato said:

the problem in eve is that people use bots on paid accounts and those people are not banned until some petitions submitted against them or until they use RMT too much. The main problem in such games is that if developers do not ban most of them on early stages - this may hurt economy of the game.

which is an entirely different topic and has nothing to do with free trial accounts

1 minute ago, Lethys said:

which is an entirely different topic and has nothing to do with free trial accounts

sorry, misunderstood that :) Actually abusing trial accounts is also real but it depends on what is allowed for them in DU and especially how multi-boxing would be treated. 

One of my friends had bots in eve that run 2 lvl missions for 10-15 hours a day on trial accounts. Profit was not so big to hurt other people, but enough for paying for main accounts.

10 minutes ago, Miamato said:

sorry, misunderstood that :) Actually abusing trial accounts is also real but it depends on what is allowed for them in DU and especially how multi-boxing would be treated. 

One of my friends had bots in eve that run 2 lvl missions for 10-15 hours a day on trial accounts. Profit was not so big to hurt other people, but enough for paying for main accounts.

no worries ;)

That's because eve has actual PVE elements - which DU doesn't have at all. So a new character on trial can't really generate money the easy way, as is possible in eve.

Just now, Lethys said:

That's because eve has actual PVE elements - which DU doesn't have at all. So a new character on trial can't really generate money the easy way, as is possible in eve.

But they should be able to mine basic ores or accept basic transport contracts. So if smth goes wrong market may be overloaded with basic ores mined by bots. 

19 minutes ago, Miamato said:

But they should be able to mine basic ores or accept basic transport contracts. So if smth goes wrong market may be overloaded with basic ores mined by bots. 

True - but as basic ores are prevalent, their price will definitely be low (we don't know that for sure ofc). But seeing all those mining orgs - I suspect either it'll be not profitable to mine them, because noone will buy them (they mine it themselves) or it'll be dirt cheap.

And even IF the prices are higher and profitable - I don't think people can dualbox like in eve at all (first person with manual movement - compared to eves click and forget). So to me bots will only run, if any that is, when people are sleeping or at work - and I'm no programmer, but I doubt it's as easy as in eve to write a bot because

- no warp points, no warp to, no fixed destination

- first person drilling by hand (as seen in that promo vid a year ago)

- that sweet ore is outside the arkship (=pvp zone)

- scanning needs to be done to find ore

- possibly hard to deal with terrain (digging a hole - how to get out again)

Will there be bots? Maybe

Will they impact the economy in a harmful way (like in eve)? most likely not

Will people be able to buy DACs with their earnings from those bots? most likely not

We don't know enough about the final implementation of DU's mechanics to say with confidence that "nothing will be bot-able". There are some very resourceful people around, and there's no doubt that many will attempt it, given that playtime can be earned via buying DAC with ingame currency.

What NQ needs to do is to make sure that the EULA is clear and their monitoring systems are able to identify and flag "suspicious" behaviour.

• 1 month later...
On 28-9-2017 at 1:43 PM, NanoDot said:

What NQ needs to do is to make sure that the EULA is clear and their monitoring systems are able to identify and flag "suspicious" behaviour.

Lets not hope, that their system depends on some 'bad algorithm" to detect possible/suspicious behaviour...

I experienced in Wildstar such bad algorithm and got falsely accountflagged (they even admitted it), They could un-suspend an account but not undo a 'flagged account' .

Meaning I could not use several paymentoptions eventhough I had done nothing wrong.

What I am trying to say is: the game is VERY VERY time-consuming, so no faults can be made with 'a monitoring system'

Note: al catched hackers, bots and cheaters/scammers should be at least IP-banned and not only account banned nor beeing account-suspended for like a week or so!

So much effort went into this beautiful game so no mercy with 100% caught 'bad-players'!  (imo :unsure:)

On 28/9/2017 at 1:28 PM, Miamato said:

Yes, and it's why NQ has no offline automation or drone armies, or why their PvP system is more akin to soft-lock targeting than EVe's point and click frtom an overview menu. It's also why NQ has mining being done manually and not just being "F1 spam" like in EVE.

You can't efficiently multibox in DU or even use bots, unless you consider using an infinite loop keyboard macro to spam the dig tool in one direction till the sun goes out, cause that's not botting, that's a mechanical keyboard's main selling point.

10 hours ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

You can't efficiently multibox

eeehhhhh I dunno. I do think that there might be one reason people will attempt to multibox, that being the 1-player 1-gun rule on ships. It'll really depend on what the "final" combat system ends up looking like.

Just now, wizardoftrash said:

eeehhhhh I dunno. I do think that there might be one reason people will attempt to multibox, that being the 1-player 1-gun rule on ships. It'll really depend on what the "final" combat system ends up looking like.

Well, those people you can easily  tell apart. in EVE, multiboxing is not punishable, botting is. If a perso nwants to pay for 3 accounts to do each job at 1/3 of its efficiency, they should go ahead, those targets are the easiest to gank.The very nature of the hit calculations means ou can't just "lock and forget" a target. Especially if they use ECMs and target-breakers.