Build Hype and Cashflow with a Ship Design Sim Application

StarfordRaffles

I touched on this in a previous post but I wanted to post it here.

Imagine a downloadable client that allowed players to build a ship (via God mode) and fly it in a small area. It would run locally on the player's computer (no server cost). 

It would also serve to build hype for the game: A community would immediately develop around ship design principles and, better yet, would give your players something to do over the next year and not lose interest in the game. And I'm not sure about others, but I'd pay a decent price to have something to direct my hype and excitement into (building cashflow for the studio).

I don't know much about application development, but I have to imagine that putting something like this together is a relatively simple task and would reap immense marketing benefits for the studio. 

I like this idea, but I don't think a small studio like NQ should be focusing on developing an app for a game that's not out yet. Right now, making money isn't really a major issue, and producing a game that's viable and fulfills it's promises is far more important in this atmosphere of suspicion.

That being said, I would definitely appreciate something like this after release, even it it's in-game. NQ has talked about making a sort of creative mode for building and testing ships in, but that's not going to be until sometime after release. 

I agree with both of you guys, having something like what you suggested Starford, would be a very helpful tool when it comes to ship design, this would definitely come in handy as a simple design tool, and could save time for those without much design software experience such as myself. But what Vorengard says is also true, NQ should be focused on the continuous development and improvement of the game, but getting something like what you suggested would be great down the line & i'm sure it would be much appreciated, it could even help those who are not good designers on improving their skills.

Actually when you are in building mode you can fly , so you don't have difficulties to build in detail , so it's useless if it's already in the game

But if you are talking about the ressources then i don't have any solution else than farming sorry .

But a program isn't useful if the game isn't even release , it's a lost of time for NQ so think about it deeply 

A quote from NQ regarding this

In conclusion:

Yes, having a creative mode inside the game, just for designing purpose (without giving any free resources in the "real" in-game universe) is something we are considering.

However, this is a huge feature to develop, and while we would like to add it to the game, there is a high chance it won't be implemented before the official game release. If it's implemented at some point, it will be probably after, in an expansion.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

There are already 3 threads about topics similar to this one, including a thread that was originally titled "offline creative mode".

Please be sure to use the search function to find discussions of a similar topic before starting repetitive suggestion threads.

11 hours ago, wizardoftrash said:

There are already 3 threads about topics similar to this one, including a thread that was originally titled "offline creative mode".

Please be sure to use the search function to find discussions of a similar topic before starting repetitive suggestion threads.

Don't for get to add the links then people can refer to them.   =)    I think I also commented in one of them  =)