What will you do in the early days after launch ?

NanoDot

1 hour ago, Forodrim said:

It depends mostly on what we will be able to built from the start. Do we have the skills and materials to craft a weapon right away? What about a simple Vehicle (HV)? 

I think I will try to get materials to built a basic storage inside the ark safe zone, then built a HV (or even a small atmo transporter) to venture out of the safe zone and haul stuff back to the storage. Then check what is needed to built a spacecraft and go from there, maybe sell stuff to the lazy ;)

as everyone will only start with (probably) a very basic sum of quanta you won't be able to sell much ;) people need to mine stuff themselves and sell it - otherwise they won't get money in the first place

1 minute ago, Lethys said:

as everyone will only start with (probably) a very basic sum of quanta you won't be able to sell much ;) people need to mine stuff themselves and sell it - otherwise they won't get money in the first place

yeah, thats true. Then I will probably stockpile it :)

• 1 month later...

Trying to sign up for a large org right now, am already designing different tiers of ore processing facilities. Currently also designing a "hotel", which might be a good start to begin building a city enviorment near the starting point. Still have to find out more about restrictions and how to program monitors.

Since it's first come first serve most of the time, I will do anything but lollygag unless I am then in some alliance or group that gets "a good spot" (I know, highly subjective) via contract or guarantee.

Space (even Alioth) will be big, but with potentially thousands of players in one spot or running around... 

Also, I will make sure to get one full week on vacation to get sh... stuff done.

• 2 weeks later...

What's with everyone fleeing  the ark-zone, though? Friendly reminder that building a ship won't be this easy on release and most of all your spot of land, if it's inside the safe zone, might well be swallowed up at some point due to organisations or neighbores who setup shop next door. And if you're out in the wild, you're free game. Might as well join a corp/org and have a comfy comunity.

In my humble opinion and that's how I think too.

Mining resources on alioth at launch may be overproductive.
They like all the powers they have to be small at home without any problem of neighborhood.
The truth is always somewhere else and the best things too.
After a lot of dreams all that will decide at the time of our first step :)

On 21/01/2018 at 11:40 PM, Immortal Prospect said:

J'espère avoir créé mon organisation pirate et avoir au moins 20 à 40 personnes. Dans les premiers jours, je vais voyager avec eux assez loin et établir ma capitale de Vreles. De là, nous commencerons notre règne de la terreur. 

I was wondering if the pirates community system facing the more industrial community add to that the bounty hunter mechanics were not going to pose a problem?

In the sense of becoming a pirate of space (Albatross) is a heavy choice of consequences for big organizations.
This is only my point of view and I know some about the game (I keep surprises and remains skeptical before all).

On 1/22/2018 at 7:32 PM, Marcovitch said:

I was wondering if the pirates community system facing the more industrial community add to that the bounty hunter mechanics were not going to pose a problem?

In the sense of becoming a pirate of space (Albatross) is a heavy choice of consequences for big organizations.
This is only my point of view and I know some about the game (I keep surprises and remains skeptical before all).

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying they could just hire mercenary's to hunt down pirates because of the threat that pirates pose to their profits. And if that is what you mean I totally agree. There would be a huge risk of getting killed by mercenaries but I suppose that is a risk every pirate must take. Plus i am rethinking and editing the organization. 

10 hours ago, Immortal Prospect said:

Si je vous comprends bien, vous dites qu'ils pourraient simplement engager des mercenaires pour traquer les pirates à cause de la menace que les pirates font peser sur leurs profits. Et si c'est ce que vous voulez dire, je suis totalement d'accord. Il y aurait un risque énorme d'être tué par des mercenaires mais je suppose que c'est un risque que chaque pirate doit prendre. De plus, je repense et édite l'organisation. 

I wanted to say more exactly that the small hackers' organization would destroy it quickly for the simple fact that it represents a potential risk the bigger ones will have more chances.

Heavy consequences of becoming pirates.
Exposure to mercenaries and bounty hunters
The fact that a war between pirates and industrial organization will explode much faster than a war between industrial conpagnies and another of the same tyoes unless the pirate organizations offers these services but suddenly we enter the mercenaries / pirates. .

Wait and see

14 hours ago, Marcovitch said:

I wanted to say more exactly that the small hackers' organization would destroy it quickly for the simple fact that it represents a potential risk the bigger ones will have more chances.

Heavy consequences of becoming pirates.
Exposure to mercenaries and bounty hunters
The fact that a war between pirates and industrial organization will explode much faster than a war between industrial conpagnies and another of the same tyoes unless the pirate organizations offers these services but suddenly we enter the mercenaries / pirates. .

Wait and see

True. It will indeed be difficult but I think we will manage hopefully.

• 1 month later...

1 - gather some resources with some friends to make a simple combat ship for each

2 - use our numbers to gank the ones who have mined all day long but decided it was a "good idea" to travel alone

3 - buy me some exotics and party. A lot.

:D

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2017 at 12:20 AM, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

Conquer my enemies, see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of the carebears.

So you were a kid in the 80's (me too). :D

In Spain they were known as "los osos amorosos" (yes, it's true).

If I get into DU at start I had an idea to make a simple vehicle as soon as possible and run taxi service ie. give people quicker way to get from arkship to the edge of the safe zone, (assuming NQ don't include some fast travel option to speed that up, maybe hope not), but there is still the question of how people are going to pay. Do we get anything to start with or should I focus on people who have been in long enough to have something (since it would take time to build the vehicle anyway)? I still need time and information to hone this business plan, especially its earning model, perhaps cargo transport for miners with provision.

Short to medium term goal, get a TU to secure a safe home-base so there is a place to return to if later adventures end badly.

I'm not member of any org yet, will look into it closer to launch with more certainty on issues like can my computer run it. My current main interests are  building (not mass production but designing new), especially capital ships and buildings. Join large group or smaller tighter org? I have also considered founding the church or temple of Klang to spread the faith and fear of Klang from space engineers community into DU, to temper his rage and in this way protect all players from freezes, crashes and spontaneous explosions. Good excuse to build a fancy temple. Anyone interested??