What will you do in the early days after launch ?

NanoDot

What will things look like in the first weeks after launch ?

When we spawn in on launch day, there won't be any money in the game (unless we spawn-in with X Quanta in our pockets, which would have to be exploit-proof).

So we'll rush off and start mining, then build a market terminal and start selling resources to the NQ buy-orders that will automatically appear. Once we made enough money this way, we can start placing our own buy orders for things we need but don't have.

Some will build guns first, instead of market terminals, because killing other players and robbing them is more entertaining than mining...

So, unless you're mining or employed by someone who's mining or you're robbing miners, what will YOU do in the first few weeks after launch ? ;)

Figure out what skills I want to train, and minnnnnnnnne until I can build a tiny hovercraft and storage containers in the safe zone, and go out further from the ark ship and mine some more and stockpile all the different ores.

I'll probably take a long walk on the beach...

... and then I'll mine my butt off like everyone else. :P I'd like to contract with an organization's R&D department and get some experience designing/building useful doodads. Maybe I could do that on my own with designs I make in alpha, but if not, I'm thinking it'll be easier with some corporate funding first.

15 hours ago, Lethys said:

Mine all day until I have enough resources to build a ship and get off planet and away from the blob. 

First step: get away from the arkzone

Yep I second that it sounds like a great plan to get away from the massive crowed areas at the start and to do some exploring in solar system and mining to start off.

Well... first ill be getting some design idea's on the table to get them build, the first time will be creative anyways so we can go wild!

Once mining is implanted I'd be mining like crazy to get the resources from said design, hopefully to be... one of the first with several others.

But I'll also be reporting bugs, give feedback and help out others to get the game going, we are getting for alpha not only to play, but to help out as well right ^^

Perhaps the wipe before beta will give us a chance at a "dress rehearsal" for launch day.

It will be interesting to see how fast all the resources get vacuumed-up near the starter area.

On 9/16/2017 at 1:03 PM, NanoDot said:

Perhaps the wipe before beta will give us a chance at a "dress rehearsal" for launch day.

It will be interesting to see how fast all the resources get vacuumed-up near the starter area.

I imagine everything in the immediate area will become Swiss cheese within a matter of minutes. After an hour you'll be hard-pressed to find any surface materials within a kilometer of the ark-ship. I imagine by the end of the day the entire safe zone will look like a carpet-bombed beach-head from World War 2.

image.png.04d25419c6012c89e19b91a587611c2a.png 

As for me? The first thing I'll do is familiarize with the ore scanning tools and try to become proficient to a useful degree, and go for the deeper materials right at spawn, wasting no time on travel, as they will be largely undisturbed by everyone head-set on a gold-rush above. Whilst everyone will be stripping away topsoil and hauling away from spawn to look for materials elsewhere, I'll be patiently gathering rare deeper materials right at spawn, having wasted no time exploring for a safe alcove to set up in the wilderness. That is, if the "rare" materials found at spawn are sufficient to advance and manufacture a craft capable of leaving the planet.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, BlackOps said:

Mine out of safe zone since rarest mats will be found there. Create homebase, weapons, ship(s), blast off, and get away from the mobs of people. If in an org, may coordinate with wherever "HQ" end up being.

Actually there will only be few resources in the arkzone and most definitely not the rarest ones. You have to venture outside the zone to get those

I will login, create my character, start skill training queued up to 24 hours and return the day after when the safe zone isn't so busy. Yeah, I'll lose first player advantage, but I have the ability to join an org of my choosing at that point who will be needing manpower for something other than mining

I'm going to try to rustle up a quick-crew so that we can specialize the early skills, and race to set up a TU somewhere on the surface. Probably work in-conjunction with the Terran Union for safety reasons, maybe try to help set up some early game law enforcement (help root out the murder hobo players). Ideally I'll plan it as a vacation (long weekend or something) and spend a good 4 days straight just sleeping and playing to get started. Fortunately my wife understands how i feel about these things (we currently lost all our free time to Stardew Valley lately)

• 3 weeks later...

I'll convince a handful or ten of my fellow Eve coalition mates to test and form and join and learn.

You see it all depends on the extent of the meta allowed. A game not having NPC influx of in game cash via PvE makes the market and piracy tricky.

Mine for basic materials, get/make basic manufacturing equipment, make a ship and GTFO of the starting planet as soon as possible. Then establish an underground base in an hopefully remote spot, to store my stuff and build a big ass ship.

It depends mostly on what we will be able to built from the start. Do we have the skills and materials to craft a weapon right away? What about a simple Vehicle (HV)? 

I think I will try to get materials to built a basic storage inside the ark safe zone, then built a HV (or even a small atmo transporter) to venture out of the safe zone and haul stuff back to the storage. Then check what is needed to built a spacecraft and go from there, maybe sell stuff to the lazy ;)