Isolation from the rest of the world

KingofPR

In theory I would say yes, but then again I could be wrong. I guess it all depends on how well you and your friends can keep a secret, and not leave a trail of crumbs following ya around wherever you go. 

If it can be comparable to Minecraft, where "Civcraft" had a large map and encouraged player organizations or civilizations, then yes. Then again while the map was large there, it was used over many years and a lot was constructed or changed in the landscape. Many things were explored over time. If we consider a single shard and a lot more, then the galaxy or universe would have to be vastly bigger in comparison to spread out the potentially large playerbase.

In short, if it will be big enough yes. Then again if there's ever some end or rim, expect others to go for those too. You will eventually encounter others.

I think it will be possible, but it will burden you with the challenges of creating a colony. You wouldn't have access to the player markets so you would have to be self sufficient and find all the resources you need on your own. 

If it can be comparable to Minecraft, where "Civcraft" had a large map and encouraged player organizations or civilizations, then yes. Then again while the map was large there, it was used over many years and a lot was constructed or changed in the landscape. Many things were explored over time. If we consider a single shard and a lot more, then the galaxy or universe would have to be vastly bigger in comparison to spread out the potentially large playerbase.

In short, if it will be big enough yes. Then again if there's ever some end or rim, expect others to go for those too. You will eventually encounter others.

Was this a server Civcraft?

Was this a server Civcraft?

Kind of. At times it seemed like a server network, as there were at least two servers who had similar game modes. I cannot remember if they were connected somehow or different variants by the same community.

But in short, yes.

I was thinking that in an mmo this big were we have Space and planets and well a BIG map wouldnt it be possible for example a group like the Aether(not part of them) to live in Isolation from the rest of the community in a planet in the outer reaches of this game?

"While I appreciate you concern...really? Have we come off as that hostile to be barricaded in isolation like vicious baboons that need to be quarantined? (humour me) It's interesting, but we--sadly--have no interest to live alone. I'm glad you care that much as to regard our safety and well, being: there will always be a place for you in the Aether. "

I would enjoy the concept of isolation on a smaller scale and possibly not so far from the travel lanes of larger empires, but Only because it would be a pain in the ass to try and trade and find the right resources all in one huge pile.

As for viability? If you can find a place that is nice and quiet and suits your needs, I say why not? You just have to be weary about visitors then, they might think you're sitting atop something valuable... 

I would enjoy the concept of isolation on a smaller scale and possibly not so far from the travel lanes of larger empires, but Only because it would be a pain in the ass to try and trade and find the right resources all in one huge pile.

As for viability? If you can find a place that is nice and quiet and suits your needs, I say why not? You just have to be weary about visitors then, they might think you're sitting atop something valuable... 

A summer home to get away from it all .... or for your top secret tech projects :D

I would see this being completely possible. Just looking at the sizeof the world they showcased in the video, there is a lot of land there. Gotta figure there will be more than 1 planet per solar system and many star systems. Nothing indicated so far states that people will have access to your warp gates, so whos to say some doesnt hide thier gates, build bases underground or into large asteroids. Even on worlds small like in SE, if someone is trying to hide, it can be really hard to find them if you dont know where to look. Initially getting away from the group might be hard, but as people start to build and arm themselves, not being found might be a good strategy.