Straw Poll, Let's build our Alpha City together !

Aesir

Let's build our Alpha City together ! Who's in ?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. The idea is simple, we alpha players, have the opportunity to test and try before everyone. So why not build our own city, as an experience ? Anyone can join and build is own stuff, no need for big. So, who's in ?

• Yes, I want to own the biggest tower in this city
    • Yes, I want to add few stones somewhere
    • Yes, I'm an organization owner and I want my organization to have a hub in this city
    • No, I prefer to play alone and be alone forever
    • No, I have no time for fun, i'm here for sucess
    • I'm not an alpha player, but I would like to participate to such a project
    • I'm not an alpha player, and this idea doesn't appeal me

The idea is simple, we alpha players, have the opportunity to test and try before everyone. So why not build our own city, as an experience ? Anyone can join and build is own stuff, no need for big. So, who's in ?

Why this ?

-Do a social experience
 -Strengthen the community
 -See how much it's doable or not
 -Test the game, and see if we have to address issues to the dev, or new ideas.

It would be very nice if the major organization participate (even with few members) to this and have their own quarter here.

I do not want to own the city, I just want to do a prove of concept, see if it's socially acceptable, as well as doable.

It has to be a community project, and it can be done because we are not yet a huge amount of players. We are all here as tester, so let's do so and see what we can do with this game.

Thank you for your vote, whatever the answer.

EDIT:
I created an Organization for convenient reason, it will just let us build together under the same zone and have no other purpose than rising the Alpha City.
https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/alpha-city

Edited by Aesir

9 minutes ago, Lethys said:

I'd only participate to test the game there - no real meaning behind a city in alpha when it'll be wiped eventually

Indeed, thanks for your participation.
Later on, if the project is a success we can still plan to redo it for beta/release, but that's another story.

English (Translator used)

Hello Aesir,
I suppose you did it through the translator. Correct:
look here at the German original.
I find it nice, you answer in German, but English is enough and the others can read it.
If you can German
and nothing against it has been corrected, then please also in German.

A trade route from the Ark-ship east as far as possible would be my project. Road width 3x13m.

German (original)

Hallo Aesir,
ich nehme an, Du hast es auch durch den Übersetzer laufen lassen. Korrekt wäre: Es ist nicht meine Stadt, es ist die Stadt der ganzen Welt.
Ich finde es nett, das du auf deutsch antwortest, aber englisch reicht auch und die anderen können es dann auch lesen.
Wenn Du deutsch kannst und nichts dagegen hast korrigiert zu werden, dann bitte auch auf deutsch. 

Eine Handelsstraße vom Ark-Schiff Richtung Osten soweit wie möglich, wäre mein Projekt. Straßenbreite 3x13m.

Die Waldfee

I would love to set up a Hub for my org the Alchemists in the city. This will give me an opportunity to experiment with structures and save architectural snapshots for future use. I expect to be very active building during the pre-alpha, and I plan to have my org in-general be active during that time as well.

I read somewhere that we should be able to build in the ArkShip safe zone, so if we can it would be a good idea to start here, if we can't then I'll try to grab a TU asap and put a Big panel "Alpha City" so everyone knows :P
Anyway it shouldn't be far from the Arkship if possible. 

This sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm in. Has anyone given any thought to city planning? I mean, do we build the roads first, or the football stadium? Do we have to vote for the Mayor of Alpha Land, or will it be a free for all? What about laws? Since space ships might be a ways off, will we have a rail system or perhaps we should build near water. We're gonna need mules to pull the barges. Not it.

2 hours ago, Zamarus said:

Where is the "I have alpha access but i don't want to spend time on that project" option?

here : "No, I have no time for fun, i'm here for sucess"
If you feel like you just don't want to spend time on this project
or
No, I prefer to play alone and be alone forever
If you feel like you prefer to do your stuff alone, ie not build with the others.

23 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

This sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm in. Has anyone given any thought to city planning? I mean, do we build the roads first, or the football stadium? Do we have to vote for the Mayor of Alpha Land, or will it be a free for all? What about laws? Since space ships might be a ways off, will we have a rail system or perhaps we should build near water. We're gonna need mules to pull the barges. Not it.

First, let's see which tools we have, then we will see accordingly, probably be a bit of FFA, as long as we don't have people destroying each others building, we are ok.

46 minutes ago, Aesir said:

here : "No, I have no time for fun, i'm here for sucess"
If you feel like you just don't want to spend time on this project
or
No, I prefer to play alone and be alone forever
If you feel like you prefer to do your stuff alone, ie not build with the others.

Point was that those options doesn't make themselves justice :^) You can have time for fun and not want to do global projects aye

57 minutes ago, Zamarus said:

Point was that those options doesn't make themselves justice :^) You can have time for fun and not want to do global projects aye

haha indeed :) Don't take them seriously, I'm kidding on those answers :)
Just take the one which looks like the closest to your thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I would enjoy doing this. the hard part is having it look like a city, and not just a bunch of buildings. but all areas players claim are the same shape. possible if everyone builds a matching street all around the hexagon it will look better? and possible have a few designs for bridges, that go in the air between buildings. maybe not bridges with doors into buildings tho, for safety.