Pre-Aplha, who is hyped :D

AcedBit

Who else here is pumped for the Pre-Alpha test coming this sept 30'th?
I know that I am, and I will test, provide feedback and respect the no share on social media etc policy.
It is fully understandable why sucha policy is made.

I am fully aware of that the build won't be 100% stable, trust me, I know what a pre-alpha is.
My computer should be able to run this game at least near perfect in terms of performance once the full optimized game is out.

Knowing that JC had the game running on a slow labtop computer in a Youtube video, is good to know, considering my rig is able to run demanding games.
Following is what type of base I will be building.

desert_underground_base_by_e_sketches.jpg

Not just the game but the server too but you have to consider the build he has right now is basically bare of features so the final version on release day will likely be a bit slower for that reason.

That said ... by then the core engine will likely get performance tweaks to help improve the speed at which the features they currently have run so it could balance out "somewhat".

I can't wait ... stable or not ... it'll be interesting to pus h the tech to its limits and break it so we get a stable release version.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, TehWardy said:

Not just the game but the server too but you have to consider the build he has right now is basically bare of features so the final version on release day will likely be a bit slower for that reason.

That said ... by then the core engine will likely get performance tweaks to help improve the speed at which the features they currently have run so it could balance out "somewhat".

I can't wait ... stable or not ... it'll be interesting to pus h the tech to its limits and break it so we get a stable release version.

I will agree that there are many features currently not included in the upcoming pre-alpha, but that is not relevant to the performance of the game at this stage in development. As NQ has stated here https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/11688-pre-alpha-faq-and-rules/

Please keep in mind that the following configuration is based on the fact that a Pre-Alpha or Alpha version of a game is not fully optimized.

A pre-alpha game is not designed with performance in mind, but for testing currently implemented features. Due to this fact, the pre-alpha is bound to be slower that the final release, not to mention riddled with bugs that will be worked out along the course of the pre-alpha, alpha, and beta testing before the game is released.

They also state that the specs that they currently recommend as a minimum are for pre-alpha only and that they will change in the future. The general assumption is that as the game is optimized and features are implemented and refined that it will require less resources.

In summary, the final release will theoretically run better than the pre-alpha and probably even the beta.

18 hours ago, Mollymawk said:

I was hyped.. till i found its only for one half day... doesn't start till 14:00 here. so at best its 4 to 5 hour taster. 

Yep, sad. Although I wasn't expecting the servers to last that long on fist alpha release anyway when 2.5k users try to join at once. :D

I am the walrus.

No really, what's this about a half day thing? I knew the servers would be up and down throughout the pre-alpha phase.. but with all the time zones and such, is there a schedule somewhere so we have some idea when we should be poking around the game, and when we should be working, sleeping, eating, and waiting for another window?

28 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

I am the walrus.

No really, what's this about a half day thing? I knew the servers would be up and down throughout the pre-alpha phase.. but with all the time zones and such, is there a schedule somewhere so we have some idea when we should be poking around the game, and when we should be working, sleeping, eating, and waiting for another window?

This shows the time, at least for the first day.

I am not hyped. I am though, extremely curious. ;-)

I have no other time commitments on the 30. , so I will definitely try it out, and provide feedback as best I can. I just don't want to be disappointed if it crashes immediately, is unplayably slow, or similar. I expect more of a tech demo than a playable game for this first opening of the servers.

But I'll definitely poke around and see what there is to see. My computer should be easily powerful enough for this, anyway. :-)

I'm honestly too hyped. I'll be excited to have some of this hype out of my system, but I'm concerned that even if I'm running hard for the whole test session, that it might make me hungrier for more.

Odds are high that I'll have to run Starmade or Space Engineers to wind myself back-down after the test window is closed.

In the mean time, gotta start sketching some ideas for repeating construct patterns! already got some neat ideas for how to make great use of the surface-connect feature!