Neolithic

I would like to see more ideas based on automation.

So far, I've seen JC talk about having a large number players working together...

tumblr_nj2luf4Psc1rzaefho1_500.gif

Obviously, JC doesn't watch SAO, sometimes you gotta solo...

I mean, If I built a large ship with guns, I want to be able to fly it on my own,

without having to ask a stranger to come on board and touch my stuff.

Actually, DU is going in the other direction. Less automation, so that players have a reason to work together. Turrets would be "one man, one gun" kind of rule. Going solo means giving up benefits that you get with a group.

This is a recurring theme in many posts that I've read. It's either "I want to build a LARGE ship" or "I want to build a space station" or something along those lines.

Building a large anything will probably be out of reach of the single player, because there is currently no "creative mode" in DU, which means you'd need to first mine for a few hundred hours to get the materials to build a large construct of any kind. Mining can only be done by hand. There's been talk of adding a "creative mode" to the game at some point after launch, but until that happens, a single player will probably be limited to small or medium constructs as a matter of practicality.

The materials will have to be stored somewhere (vulnerable to theft) and the partially completed construct will be permanently in the game world, which puts it at risk, unless you're building in the arkship safezone.

As for automation, NQ seem to have decided on a design that will intentionally limit automation. That implies that they don't want single players flying 21-gun dreadnoughts. If players find a "workaround" to make that possible, NQ will likely patch it out, because it conflicts with their intended game design.

2 hours ago, Neolithic said:

I would like to see more ideas based on automation.

So far, I've seen JC talk about having a large number players working together...

Obviously, JC doesn't watch SAO, sometimes you gotta solo...

I mean, If I built a large ship with guns, I want to be able to fly it on my own,

without having to ask a stranger to come on board and touch my stuff.

GL defending against other ppl - you'll be easy prey as you can't automate those turrets

12 minutes ago, Lethys said:

GL defending against other ppl - you'll be easy prey as you can't automate those turrets

A boarding partys dream come true, there are so amny aspects to why flying large ships solo is not gonna end well Xd escpecially with BOO around :P

27 minutes ago, Jack_Blade said:

A boarding partys dream come true, there are so amny aspects to why flying large ships solo is not gonna end well Xd escpecially with BOO around :P

oh. yeah right.

Ignore my first post. Please do build that and fly around with it. I'll help you. xD