Cinderfall Engineering

Kongou

The Cinderfall Syndicate is calling on the community in search of master builders and architects interested in creating as well as managing the creation of some of the most important construction projects within its domain.

Emberstone:

A Planetary Capital City situated near the Novark, to be open to the public and to serve as a major hub for trade, travel, and gathering. The following is a list of the key features which are currently being discussed.

• The Grand Space Elevator - While at its core it is intended to function as a point of major travel throughout the galaxy. Its overall goal is to be a marvel of engineering, a symbolic gateway to new players as they take their first steps into the vast galaxy.

• Commercial District - (FlameFeather Mall) A series of stalls, buildings and or outlets situated near the space elevator which can be rented by organizations and individuals for either self promotion or retail use. Funds collected through this system go towards facility maintenance and funding newbie mission terminals on Alioth.

• The Battle Arena - A large arena to support both ground based combat training and competitive tournaments. Its relative scale and composition are currently only theoretical as they are dependent on currently unknown or unspecified gameplay features. We'll need designers willing to come up with area designs for combatant, possibly viewing stand.

• A large automated mass transit system - Given the large scale size of the project, a comprehensive transit system will need to be constructed to facilitate movement within Emberstone. Planned features include a large public docking network and internal transit vehicles as well as regular shuttles or transport buses to and from the Arkship, as well as around Emberstone.

• Town Hall - (Phoenix Hall) A grand central structure overlooking Emberstone to act as a “guild hall” for the Cinderfall Syndicate. It is to include various floors to be used for diplomatic purposes as well an area dedicated to housing memorials to famous and or illustrious individuals who have contributed to Cinderfall or the community.

• Syndicate Housing Area - A separate area which features player housing and storage for both member organizations within the Syndicate as well as distinguished groups and individuals who contribute constructively.

Space Station:

(Name to be decided later)

An orbital body situated directly over the Grand Space Elevator that will eventually become an extension of Emberstone. Details on its construction and core features are still under debate and will be provided when it becomes available.

The station, if possible will be linked via the space elevator, if not we will work on a public shuttle system from the ground to the station. We hope this may serve as one, of probably many, of the ports of entry to Alioth.

We hope to provide, with these facilities, a way for newbies or veterans to find missions, content, and camaraderie.

Proposed projects are under continuous development and subject to revision, alteration, and cancellation; any feedback is welcome.

Any parties interested in being part in this historic endeavor please contact Astro, Neo, or Dark. (Astrophil, Neopolitan, DarkTemplar).

Thank you.

I think it is too early to really or safely make commitments in that direction. But then again, a lot could be.

But if nothing prevents us from doing so when the time is right, then we are interested in assisting with one of the aspects mentioned above. We've had some experience and one contract in creating public infrastructure, most notably in the area of public transportation.

Ironically, we even had a Swiss employee who was in charge of the project. You know, tunnel builders and all that. Of course, adding some area to the commercial district (you have to fill it somehow over time after all) would also be nice.

I have had experiance with rennovating and adding to a space station on Space Engineers.

I will say however, that whilst a space elevator might be possible it will also cripple many peoples computers and may lead to many avoiding Emberstone and its orbital facility and may end up being removed by admins.

Might I suggest that space to ground is handled by shuttles (and ground based spaceports could be rented out or given to certain groups)

Sign me up.  I've already stated my intent to build the elevator and I'm happy to have help in the planning and construction of it.  I also intend to be the mind behind the ship designs that everyone will buy, so getting an early start in the building of things is right up my alley.

I have had experiance with rennovating and adding to a space station on Space Engineers.

I will say however, that whilst a space elevator might be possible it will also cripple many peoples computers and may lead to many avoiding Emberstone and its orbital facility and may end up being removed by admins.

Might I suggest that space to ground is handled by shuttles (and ground based spaceports could be rented out or given to certain groups)

This is probably true but it should also go out of view and have LODs along itself so it should not overly affect performance and if it does we can bug the devs and give possible ideas on how to fix it

It'll be a huge undertaking it will undoubtedly draw a ton of malice and negativity towards it. however it will also take many people working together to make it possible.

I appreciate everyone wishing to assist in its construction. Things move a bit slowly, but as time goes one we will figure out how to bring everyone together on it.

CSYN being what it is depends heavily on people coming together to build things, its really not very powerful all on its own. At first Alioth may be kind of dangerous, I hope however that people will also want to protect it, and use it as a peaceful place to trade or meet up, even if cinderfall doesn't benefit from it somehow.

Perhaps after the main focus of the game drifts from Alioth, we can come together as a community to reduce conflict on the planet and use it as a place to help newbies get accustomed to the game before finding a faction to settle down with. I hope Emberstone can help in that process