Blueprint inventory ?

stopub

Hi, on a video i saw the possibility to copy some voxels.

Is it possible to save some creations to be able to use it on an other construction.

For exemple, i store the shape of a window and i want to ba able to use it some days later without the need of coming back to the previous construction to copy the shape of the window.

And will we be able to share our "blueprints" (shape of doors, windows, corridors, pillars...) to other players or sell them ?

PS : My english is so bad i know

Not sure on the number of blue prints we can have , but I am sure you will be able to have a lot of them! Most players blue prints will probably be modifying and updating over and over until the player feels that they have the prefix design they want. For instance you may only have made 2 ship design  but made changes to each of those designs 10 to 30 times to tweak them.

On 16/09/2017 at 6:18 AM, GunDeva said:

Not sure on the number of blue prints we can have , but I am sure you will be able to have a lot of them! Most players blue prints will probably be modifying and updating over and over until the player feels that they have the prefix design they want. For instance you may only have made 2 ship design  but made changes to each of those designs 10 to 30 times to tweak them.

Indeed, I'd expect that blueprints made during pre-alpha will have to be modified several times to accommodate changes made to game systems in the alpha and beta stages.

On 16.9.2017 at 6:18 AM, GunDeva said:

why would you have a limited amount in the first place?

From what we can assume, you can make unlimited blueprints. I don't see anything against that.

1 hour ago, MinerMax555 said:

why would you have a limited amount in the first place?

From what we can assume, you can make unlimited blueprints. I don't see anything against that.

You can make unlimited amounts of BP's and copies, but you'll have limited personal inventory space.

They have to be stored somewhere, and BP's are lootable AFAIK.

4 minutes ago, NanoDot said:

You can make unlimited amounts of BP's and copies, but you'll have limited personal inventory space.

They have to be stored somewhere, and BP's are lootable AFAIK.

limited inventory volume. Just make the BPs use 0.0 m³ and you're good.

12 minutes ago, MinerMax555 said:

limited inventory volume. Just make the BPs use 0.0 m³ and you're good.

As longs as you remain in the safe zone... :D

At this stage, we have no idea what the shape or limits of the inventory system in DU will be AFAIK.

What I do know is that managing 100's of BP's and copies will rapidly become a PITA if it's not a well-designed inventory system...