Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
war

The History of DU

Recommended Posts

So I was reading this ...

 

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2016/11/16/official-lore-bible/#more-1000

 

I wonder how far we might be able to go in building something that can connect LUA scripting to Aphelia?
Also ... could I as a "rogue" break the law and start building AI with LUA to control fleets of drones to do things like gather resources or automate production chains?

It would be interesting to tie this in to the game lore too, in such a way that we could shape the game in to a state where "there are worse things than humans on this new world".
I have some ideas too, but I'd like to be able to call out to external web services from the game so I could for example ... make a decision based on feeding an algorithm running on my own web server back in to a computer in the game, and use that decision to affect change in the game.

This opens up the potential for things like Mobile apps allowing me to interact with my organisation when out and about!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Français :

La loi d'interdiction d'IA date de la vielle Terre, il n'on plus cour sur Novak, donc d'un point de vus purement technique, vous n'enfreigne pas la Loi (puisqu'elle n'existe plus)

 

Sérieusement

1) Il est peu probable que vous puisé connecté des scripts LUA a Aphelia, puisqu'il lui est interdit de se connecté a quoique ce soit d'extérieure a l'Arkship.

2) Les script LUA auront très certainement une portée limite. Cela semble déjà prévu d'une certaine façon avec le fonctionnement des Core Units.

3) A moins d’être un génial génie absolue de la programmation, je pense que les scripts LUA sont trop faible pour crée une IA. De l’automatisme avancé sans problème, mais pas une Intelligence Artificiel.

3.5) La création d’une IA, même basique est déjà assez dure comme ça. Vous avait le niveau pour ?

4) La récolte d'information par des moyen extérieur au jeu est déjà sur la table 3rd Party Interface Extensions. Actuellement il n’y a eu aucune communication officielle à ce sujet.

 

A propos "d’une chose pire que l’humanité" et des IA en général. JC Baillie, fondateur de NQ a crée une entreprise de robotique et a un doctorat en Intelligence Artificiel. Supposition entièrement personnel, mais je pense qu’il a déjà réfléchie au sujet. La "preuve", le Lore Bible parle d’IA et ce n’était pas anecdotique.
Après quelle forme cela vas prendre, aucune idée, ils vont probablement nous en faire la surprisse. La possibilité de ce retrouvé avec de Moissonneurs-like n’est pas a exclure.

The law of prohibition of AI dates from the Old Earth, it no longer runs on Novak, so from a point of view purely technical, you do not infringe the Law (since it no longer exists)

Seriously
1) It is unlikely that you have connected LUA scripts to Aphelia, since it does not have the right to connect to anything outside the Arkship.
2) The LUA script will most certainly have a limiting scope. This seems already planned in a certain way with the operation of the Core Units.

3) Unless genius absolute programming genius, I think the LUA scripts are too weak to create an AI. Advanced automation without problems, but not Artificial Intelligence.
3.5) The creation of an AI, even basic is already hard enough like that. Did you have the level for?
4) Harvesting information by means outside the game is already on the table "3rd Party Interface Extensions". Currently there has been no formal communication on this issue.

 

About "something worse than humanity" and AI in general. JC Baillie, founder of NQ, created a robotics company and has a PhD in Artificial Intelligence. Assumption entirely personal, but I think he has already thought about it. The "proof", the Lore Bible speaks of AI and it was not anecdotal.
After what form will it take, no idea, they will probably surprise us. The possibility of this found with de Reaper-like is not to exclude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NQ won't ... but that surely doesn't mean we can't use the tools provided right!

 

I was actually more thinking as a means to have Aphelia secure the around the Ark ship, but that mechanism could be extended to special types of Aphelia connected units that when you make a building on land you own could get a level of security from the AI.
 
but adding the ability to have player built AI deffo sounds like a plan i'd want to have a go at :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it means you won't be able to do thatso. At all. No chance. Nope. Nein.

 

YOU have to defend yourself and your friends outside - that's socializing and emergent gameplay

 

The arkzone is completely safe anyway. You can't somehow exploit aphelia to extend her reach to your tile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again not what i'm suggesting.

 

NQ have already hinted that the LUA scripting can do things like control the flight of a construct.

There speculation about gun control (no confirmations either way).

I've not seen anything about the ability to construct or tear down things.

 

But it's plausible that given what we already know I could build a set of lightweight constructs that I can LUA script to orbit my own craft and use them as physical shielding.

You're just thinking about one thing which is "build something smart and log off so when I get back I have a city waiting for me".

 

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't protect anything if i'm not online ... so what protects my stuff then?

There's no game rule that says I have to be in a corp and usually when I play games like this, I end up in a corp with my mates ... we are all online at the same time and play at the same time ... so of a typical 24 hour day there's still 16+ hours a day we aint online ... ALL of us.

 

So ... getting a corp that has players from across the world online in different time zones, that speak the same language and are committed to the same goal ... that's going to be the top 1% of all corps.

Defending your shit by your logic is basically impossible unless you are in that top 1% corp and even then it's only possible through fear of potential reprisals if the corp has a high enough rep on the game which they got from basically being monopolistic in ability.

 

In short ... 

We all might as well not bother collecting resources and putting them in to anything that stays in game when we aren't there as we are going to lose it.

 

Sounds like a depressing game if that's even remotely true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget how absolutely mind boggleingly big the world is. The best defense is simply hiding stuff in the middle of nowhere. And if you are looking for more active protection then buddy up to a bigger group. This is part of the gameplan. They want people to have to come together. You don't have to "join" a larger group per se, there are plenty that would be willing to let you park your stuff in their area and they will watch it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As void said.

 

And you know: you can get a tile and a shield there to protect your stuff. Yes it won't be cheap but the exact numbers are unclear for now....

 

And there are many other possibilities too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.9.2017 at 9:44 PM, TehWardy said:

But it's plausible that given what we already know I could build a set of lightweight constructs that I can LUA script to orbit my own craft and use them as physical shielding.

 

Yes, that should be possible. But there is a problem: The numbers of instructions per second and player will be limited. That means that you can build a few smart and fast drones or many dumb and slow units. That's hardly sufficient to protect you or your stuff against hostile players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2017 at 5:33 AM, TehWardy said:

I can't protect anything if i'm not online ... so what protects my stuff then?

There's no game rule that says I have to be in a corp and usually when I play games like this, I end up in a corp with my mates ... we are all online at the same time and play at the same time ... so of a typical 24 hour day there's still 16+ hours a day we aint online ... ALL of us.

 

So ... getting a corp that has players from across the world online in different time zones, that speak the same language and are committed to the same goal ... that's going to be the top 1% of all corps.

Defending your shit by your logic is basically impossible unless you are in that top 1% corp and even then it's only possible through fear of potential reprisals if the corp has a high enough rep on the game which they got from basically being monopolistic in ability.

 

In short ... 

We all might as well not bother collecting resources and putting them in to anything that stays in game when we aren't there as we are going to lose it.

 

Sounds like a depressing game if that's even remotely true.

We also may be discounting how hard it may be to physically break into a properly constructed and secured voxel based structure - even one with a downed force field.

 

For example, and ive never done this, firing a machine gun into a 2 meter thick wall could take an hour or three to break through it. Maybe turning that gun towards a door might reduce that time to say 10 min.... but what happens if there is more than one door? What happens if a non authorised person is detected starting up several internal forcefields protecting key assets? 

 

Im not saying any of the above is actually occurring in game, or is planned, idk, however this gives an indication of how tough breaking in somewhere could be.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

We also may be discounting how hard it may be to physically break into a properly constructed and secured voxel based structure - even one with a downed force field.

 

For example, and ive never done this, firing a machine gun into a 2 meter thick wall could take an hour or three to break through it. Maybe turning that gun towards a door might reduce that time to say 10 min.... but what happens if there is more than one door? What happens if a non authorised person is detected starting up several internal forcefields protecting key assets? 

 

Im not saying any of the above is actually occurring in game, or is planned, idk, however this gives an indication of how tough breaking in somewhere could be.  ;)

good point ... love that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...