Spaceship Modules ?

Chuckinator

Hello everyone , 

Will your ship be able to have certain modules attached to the ship 

Like a hovercraft included in your spaceship that you can deploy and you can get in when you arrive on a new planet

Or even Rescue Modules when your ship is being attack ?

Dual Universe Wiki :

Complexity

Bigger ships will certainly be harder to destroy/invade if they're built in a smart way by players. However, their toughness will be balanced. Due to their mass, they will be slower and less agile than smaller ships. Large weapon turrets will also be at a disadvantage against very fast ships. But nothing will prevent builders to create specialized ships, such as a huge battlecruiser full of small weapon turrets to hunt down hostile small and fast ships. But there will be a choice to make: energy consumption. Every module in a ship will require energy. So it won't be possible to have everything in infinite number, even on a large ship.

To answer your question yes but they have not stated what kind of modules you will be able to put on your ships! People building ship will probably have multiple system like space and atmospheric engines on there space craft! They will probably also have hybrid systems like taking a space engine and a atmospheric engine and combining them into one system that can fly in space and the atmosphere!  

The path that Dual Universe is taking is to mostly have players and not AI's do most of the work so these systems and modules might need someone to man them like a scanner , weapons , etc..

I will be working on weapons and weapons system maybe coming up with some exciting hybrid ones also, but my friend working on engines explained it to me so planning on making him some cool weapons and he will make me a cool ship with great engines because I know nothing about building ships or engines! I have ben a weapons smith and a armor smith in other games and that's what I love to do!  =)

I hope this answers your questions and I hope to see you in the pre-alpha!  =) 

28 minutes ago, GunDeva said:

Dual Universe Wiki :

Complexity

Bigger ships will certainly be harder to destroy/invade if they're built in a smart way by players. However, their toughness will be balanced. Due to their mass, they will be slower and less agile than smaller ships. Large weapon turrets will also be at a disadvantage against very fast ships. But nothing will prevent builders to create specialized ships, such as a huge battlecruiser full of small weapon turrets to hunt down hostile small and fast ships. But there will be a choice to make: energy consumption. Every module in a ship will require energy. So it won't be possible to have everything in infinite number, even on a large ship.

To answer your question yes but they have not stated what kind of modules you will be able to put on your ships! People building ship will probably have multiple system like space and atmospheric engines on there space craft! They will probably also have hybrid systems like taking a space engine and a atmospheric engine and combining them into one system that can fly in space and the atmosphere!  

The path that Dual Universe is taking is to mostly have players and not AI's do most of the work so these systems and modules might need someone to man them like a scanner , weapons , etc..

I will be working on weapons and weapons system maybe coming up with some exciting hybrid ones also, but my friend working on engines explained it to me so planning on making him some cool weapons and he will make me a cool ship with great engines because I know nothing about building ships or engines! I have ben a weapons smith and a armor smith in other games and that's what I love to do!  =)

I hope this answers your questions and I hope to see you in the pre-alpha!  =) 

Ok thank you thats answer my question , and yeah see you in pre-alpha :D

My thinking it's a case of .. 

Cube thingy + voxels + a few "elements" and you have a "construct" (ship, space station, building, whatever).
The NQ team will handle building out some basic elements, we do the rest in game.

2 hours ago, coolfarmer said:

In the same "aspect" of the game, if DU don't have piston and rotor, how can we build a big door on a big space station by which a small ship will have to enter? Anybody have a thought on this?

perhaps they just introduce big hangar doors as elements ;) has to be seen i'd say

42 minutes ago, Lethys said:

perhaps they just introduce big hangar doors as elements ;) has to be seen i'd say

Or procedural hangar doors that can be built to any size*. Adds convenience when building them.

*or maybe just force field doors can be procedural, since all you are doing is increasing the area of effect rather than the size of a mesh.

23 minutes ago, mrjacobean said:

Or procedural hangar doors that can be built to any size*. Adds convenience when building them.

*or maybe just force field doors can be procedural, since all you are doing is increasing the area of effect rather than the size of a mesh.

If you want a hangar door, you will have to use one of the "door" elements supplied by NQ. I'm sure they will come in different sizes. I doubt the elements are scalable on demand.

Seems to me that any part which has a "function" (e.g. doors, engines, lights, etc.) will be pre-made elements supplied by NQ in various sizes (e.g. small, medium, large).

The functions of the elements (e.g. Light ON, Light OFF) will be "code hooks" that can be manipulated via Lua scripts.

It doesn't sound like players will be able to define functions for their own constructs. Only the functions of the pre-made elements used in building a construct will be manipulatable. That means you cannot build a free-form door out of voxels, because there would be no way to make the door open or close.

10 hours ago, mrjacobean said:

I would love to see force field doors in the game and it might even be easier for them to do than doors with rotors or gears!    =) 

5 hours ago, GunDeva said:

I would love to see force field doors in the game and it might even be easier for them to do than doors with rotors or gears!    =) 

Well, we already have forcefield emitters (May dev diary), but we don't know if their range can be set as a variable or if they pressurised a closed environment

6 hours ago, mrjacobean said:

Well, we already have forcefield emitters (May dev diary), but we don't know if their range can be set as a variable or if they pressurised a closed environment

There is no pressure inside a construct as they said many times

2 hours ago, mrjacobean said:

Ah. Then all we need is to have variable lengths in the forcefield emitters and we are gold :)

I want a ship that "walks" across the ground by turning on and off slanted force fields. Probably really inefficiency, but could be novel.

There will be "docking" elements.  Using them you could build a ship and dock other ships to it... like say... small shuttles or fighter craft.

So you'd build all the ships separately.  The carrier ship and the small craft you wish to dock to it. 

In the version of the game I played at PAX last week... docking elements weren't in the game yet.  Hopefully they will be in soon.

38 minutes ago, Fitorion said:

There will be "docking" elements.  Using them you could build a ship and dock other ships to it... like say... small shuttles or fighter craft.

So you'd build all the ships separately.  The carrier ship and the small craft you wish to dock to it. 

In the version of the game I played at PAX last week... docking elements weren't in the game yet.  Hopefully they will be in soon.

I was at gamescom ,  so i think it won't be at the pre-alpha but possible at the Alpha 1 i hope so